Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
STAFF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER, SURGICAL ROBOTICS
Requisition ID: 6022171204
The Ethicon Surgical Care business a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a/n R&D Staff Product Development Engineer, Surgical Robotics, located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The R&D Product Development Engineer is responsible for acting as a team member on product development projects conducting various assignments in cooperation with direction of team & team leader.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Complete assignments involving a specific phase of an engineering project which may include design, development, testing.
- May assist in determining objectives & planning schedules of specific task within a given project.
- Conduct assignments encompassing entire project or a large portion of a major project.
- Co-ordinate activities with internal & external customers.
- Apply comprehensive & diverse knowledge of engineering principles to a broad range of assignments.
- Plan, conduct & direct engineering assignments to completion in a requirements driven process.
- Provides a leadership role and serves as SME by providing high level input to strategies involving long-term vision of technologies. Provides business with technical guidance in highly visible and complex situations across the business and enterprise.
- Possesses thorough understanding of all precedents, practices, or engineering principles in a specialized field.
- Operates as the leader or owner of a complex set of activities; has both managerial and technical responsibilities as required. Ensures delivery of new products by providing future capacity and processes in support of the company’s strategic plan.
- Champions development methodologies across the franchise to ensure customer value.
- Demonstrated Self-sufficiency.
- Strategic and Conceptual Thinker
- May co-ordinate, direct activities of other technical support staff & be responsible for their assignments.
Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of related work experience, is required.
- Experience in medical device industry, regulated industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and Process Six Sigma is preferred.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is required.
- Experience with Metals and Plastics component process development, Assembly Process Development, Design for Manufacturing/ Design for Assembly is preferred.
- A Green/Black Belt Certification is preferred. Experience with Metal Stamping and/or Plastic Injection Molding Equipment is preferred.
- Experience collaborating outside vendors and suppliers is required.
- Metal Injection Molding, Elastomeric and Electronic Components, Ultrasonic Device Development, Lean Manufacturing Principals/Certification, Tooling experience is preferred.
- The ability to create designs for production and fabrication is required.
- Experience solving technical issues in a development environment of electro-mechanical products is preferred.
- This position is based in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 20% travel domestically and internationally.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson is committed to diversity and invites all interested candidates to apply for positions of interest. EOE M/F/D/V
Please note: In order to be considered eligible for an interview, candidates must apply online through the appropriate web portal.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)