Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Technical, Project Manager
Santa Ana, California
Requisition ID: 6020180314
Johnson & Johnson Vision, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Project Manager located in Santa Ana, California.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture. celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Technical Project Manager will:
• Manage research and development projects of large scale and complexity according to applicable regulatory and quality standards (IEC601-1, ISO 13485, environmental policies, etc.).
• Create project schedules and manages project teams to meet schedule commitments.
• Serve as a liaison between functional managers, core teams, and management.
• Monitor project status, schedules, budgets, and business results.
• Contribute technically to the design of the product as needed.
• Define and develop improvements based on business strategies.
• Review projects and provides suggestions on improving quality, productivity, and client goals.
• Present periodic updates to senior management as needed, including but not limited to quarterly reviews from the Head of Vision Surgical R&D, NPC meetings, EID meetings, and SAB reviews.
• Interact with Marketing and Sales to present project updates during Ad Boards, annual Sales meetings, and ad-hoc VIP visits.
• Provide leadership and centralized management for the planning, development and execution of large, global projects for divisions or programs to achieve key strategic business objectives.
• Manage multiple, often concurrent global projects and consistently meets expectations.
• Make key decisions regarding priorities among projects.
• Lead the project team in using established PM tools and techniques (FEP, Cash Flow Projections, Scope / Schedule Control, etc.) to stay within authorized budget limits and achieve the overall project and organizational objectives.
• Develop project strategy to align and achieve key customer business objectives.
• Lead and contribute to the development of long-term business and organizational strategies.
• Manage all phases of project execution.
• Lead project team comprised of internal and external resources. Performs periodic review of project resource allocation.
• Anticipate and identify areas of tactical and strategic risk and mitigates risks through early risk assessments and implementation of fallback / mitigation strategies.
• Foster an environment of innovation and exchange of ideas.
• Monitor quality of implementation against overall project / division objectives.
• Encourage team to create ROIs that augment our IP portfolio, and reviews all ROIs prior to submission.
• Communicate with all levels throughout the organization. Conveys information effectively through formal and informal presentations. Prepares and presents to senior management.
• Build relationships. Initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments.
• Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects. Acts as an advisor to management. Sets a clear direction for improving project design / outcome within the framework of the division strategy.
• Comply with all regulations and standards for quality, Environmental, Health, Safety, and Energy (EHS&E), Global Policies, JJVS Engineering Standards, and other governance areas as applicable.
• Ensure quality and effectiveness of key results of major projects through sound design and project management processes.
• Have full awareness of the potential consequences (defects and failure modes) of design changes.
• A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in engineering(BSEE), science, or closely related discipline is required.
• A post-graduate education degree is preferred(MSEE), and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
• 10+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience is required.
• A technical background in health care, nutritional products, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, or pharmaceutical companies is required.
• Interaction with collaborative teams across divisions and strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators is required.
• Knowledge and experience with ISO 1345 and ISO 14971 guidelines is required.
• 5+ years’ experience managing technical direct reports is required.
• Experience managing groups of engineers is preferred.
• Interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences, while optimizing overall organizational goals is preferred.
• Understanding and management of procurement & contracting processes is required.
• Proficiency with the following applications is required:
• MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Visio
• Up to 20% travel, both national and international, will be required.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)