Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
The Instruments R&D Test Engineering intern will support the instruments team in developing and testing novel electromechanical medical devices for use with Auris’ robotic platform.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Instruments Test Engineering team, you will support the design and testing of medical devices.
- These responsibilities may include fixture design, basic machining, 3D printing, procurement, troubleshooting, testing, data analysis, reports, and engineering studies.
- Work closely with senior engineers, designers, technicians and machinists.
- Provide design, integration and test solutions in a fast-paced environment with a quick development cycle.
- Gather design requirements.
- Establish individual and team goals consistent with overall project goals.
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team while being flexible, self-motivated, curious and willing to revolutionize the world of medical robotics.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Education: Enrollment in BS BME, BS ME, or equivalent.
- Basic experience in CAD, such as SolidWorks (preferred)
- Basic experience with programming, MATLAB and/or Python preferred.
- Hands-on engineering with the proven ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Data Analysis skills, including basic statistics
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Aside from basic office equipment, the engineering lab contains specialized test equipment and materials.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in moderately loud environments and operate machinery and test equipment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8-8:30 a.m. to 5-5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)