Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Unit Manager, Warehouse
Materials Management & Distribution
Requisition ID: 5996180314
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Business Unit Manager, Warehouse, located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Business Unit Manager, Warehouse, will:
• Manage warehouse personnel to maximize quality and output in a warehouse operation with an end to end view
• Achieve inventory targets and material targets / inventory levels while maintaining cost controls
• Manage warehouse operations and work to meet production goals and effectively partner with Operations functional and management personnel to develop and implement methods and processes that optimize the flow and use of material, equipment, and human resources
• Ensure all operations within Business Unit are conducted in a safe manner and in full compliance with all safety and environmental regulations to achieve the best Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) performance in the industry
• Lead Business Unit Safety teams to investigate issues, execute projects, and improve upon current processes
• Establish department policy and operations guidelines, as needed
• Plan warehouse flow, troubleshoot issues identified, and monitor deployment orders and schedules. Direct and remove obstacles that create delays in deployment. Plan operations, establishing priorities and sequences for material movement products while establishing direction and strategies for product flow throughout the warehouse area.
• Analyze labor, inventory and operating reports and resolve operational problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays.
• Work closely with plant personnel in the areas of safety and quality and serve as unit leader to drive improvements through colleague involvement
• Develop programs within the Warehouse to ensure the plant is in compliance with the standards and establish training requirements for all employees
• Create and revise standard operational and working practices and observe employees to ensure compliance
• Establish and monitor business unit’s operational budget
• Participate and compile statistics in the preparation and control of department operating budgets
• Plan for capital and operating funds necessary to support current and future business needs
• Monitor equipment maintenance and repair reports
• Collaborate with maintenance department to evaluate reoccurring issues that may require equipment replacement
• Communicate and drive organizational objectives
• Establish and direct the achievement of financial, customer service, and compliance (Safety, Quality, Environmental) performance goals
• Ensure employees are trained in required procedures for the execution of their role and maintain current with training requirements during the year
• Promote an environment of employee involvement in the workplace
• Seek prompt identification, reporting and correction of deviations in the workplace as noted by employees
• Manage Team Leaders who supervise employees in warehouse – who are responsible for process improvement initiatives within the warehouse areas. Coach, mentor, and develop all direct reports.
• Encourage a cultural philosophy of carrying out individual responsibility within a teamwork environment
• Minimum of a Bachelor Degree required; advanced degree preferred
• Minimum 8 years of Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Distribution, Warehousing, Customer Service Interface and/or related field required
• Knowledge of an FDA regulated environment is preferred
• Knowledge of cGMPs is preferred
• Demonstrated leadership experience is preferred
• Experience with high volume material and finished good movement, PLCs, vision systems, CIM, robotics, high speed automation, shifting and packing is preferred
• Six Sigma and/or Lean Certificate (Black Belt or Green Belt) is preferred
• Strong analytical skills and professional judgment are required.
• Ability to create effective executive management level presentations, formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications and preparing project plans while identifying and understanding the inter-relationships of related disciplines and key activities is required
• MS Office skills are required (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• This position is located in Lititz, PA, and up to 10% of travel both domestically and internationally may be required
• Flexibility in work hours is required (must be available to return to work outside normal work hours based on demand / business needs)
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
Materials Management & Distribution