Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Medical Information & Knowledge Integration, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines
Requisition ID: 5974190531
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Medical Information Knowledge & Integration, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Manager, Medical Information & Knowledge Integration provides in-depth scientific knowledge expertise for handling of written or verbal responses to healthcare professionals requesting medical information by evaluating the scientific merits of published information and extracting pertinent data from the scientific literature.
- Gathers and maintains medical information for ready access in responding to inquiries (i.e., maintains appropriate knowledge-based related to assigned products)
- Applies scientific and therapeutic area knowledge to respond to escalated, non-standard, and after-hours medical information inquiries
- Primary responsibilities will include the following: searches, reviews, and summarizes available data in medical textbooks, files, published literature, and computerized databases to prepare/write original responses to medical information inquiries
- Revises standard response letters in order to ensure responses reflect current available medical information; utilizes the appropriate information resources to respond to medical information inquiries; transcribes inquiry intake and response in the CRM system; recognizes, obtains pertinent data, and accurately reports any suspected adverse events or product quality complaints in a timely manner
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload independently and employ efficient time management strategies when performing medical information activities; determines priority of medical information requests and how such inquiries should be answered
- Conducts analysis and coordinates response to evidence based systematic reviews; updates managed care formulary dossiers and reviews clinical slide presentations
- Possesses the ability to recognize urgent inquiries; involved in clinical product training for sales representatives, the Medical Information call center, new hires and students/fellows
- May participate in Copy Approval Committee and related activities for the purpose of ensuring medical accuracy and fair-balance of promotional materials
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A PharmD or PhD degree is highly preferred
- A post-doctoral residency or fellowship is preferred, Vaccines highly preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of drug information/medical information or comparable experience within the healthcare industry is required
- Demonstrated ability to conduct literature analysis required
- Experience developing responses to scientific inquiries from healthcare professionals and consumers highly preferred
- Experience within Infectious Diseases & Vaccines therapeutic area is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Position may require up to 15% travel, including overnight travel to attend Medical Conferences or company meetings, primarily domestic is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- This position requires the ability to manage complexity and possess the ability to work independently
- Ideal candidates will be results oriented, have excellent organizational skills, have the ability to partner with cross-functional teams.
- This position is located in Titusville, NJ
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)