Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company, is hiring a Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology – Retinal Discovery located in South San Francisco, CA.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, Janssen Research & Development, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
We are seeking a hardworking and motivated vision scientist to support drug discovery of novel therapeutics for retinal disease. The primary responsibility of the Scientist is to provide scientific and technical support for conducting research involving in vivo preclinical studies. The position is lab-based and responsibilities include study planning, hands-on study execution, analysis, troubleshooting and documentation according to best business practices. A background in preclinical ophthalmology models or models of retinal disease is required for this position.
As a Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology - Retinal Discovery, you will be responsible for:
- Plans and performs studies in various preclinical models (may include rodents, monkeys, pigs) to evaluate therapeutic agents
- Collaborates across research groups to share results
- Analyzes data and pro-actively investigates, improves, changes or adapts existing methods and techniques
- Monitors proper recording of information and reviews study data to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Leverages the work of project members to meet project checkpoints and accomplish team objectives on time and within budget
- Reviews literature and competitive landscape in related fields and identifies new areas of research consistent with strategic direction
- Attends in-house seminars and attends scientific meetings as appropriate to support team goals
- May draft and execute peer reviewed manuscripts, tech reports and patent filings
- Works under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy
- BS with at least 12 years of experience in ophthalmology in a pharmaceutical or academic environment OR a MS with at least 9 years of experience in ophthalmology in a pharmaceutical or academic environment OR a Ph.D. with at least 4 years of post graduate experience in ophthalmology in a pharmaceutical or academic environment is required.
- Demonstrated skills in performing pharmacological and mechanistic studies in models of retinal disease or preclinical ophthalmology models are required
- Must have an understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development
- Peer reviewed publication record in relevant fields is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- The ability to be a strong collaborator and great teammate are needed in this role
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)