Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Engineer, NPI/Advanced Manufacturing (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 5963180706
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical (JJVS) is recruiting for a Senior Engineer, NPI/Advanced Manufacturing. JJVS designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. This position is based in Milpitas, CA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
- The Advanced Engineering team works hand in hand with RD to achieve reductions in design transfer and scale up time, lower total product cost with respect to cost of goods, cost of ownership, while improving manufacturability, reliability, serviceability, and overall system robustness. The team represents the Make organization and is considered the SME for design transfer and scale up.
- This position leads the development, qualification, and implementation of LabVIEW based fixtures used for new product design evaluations, reliability testing, and manufacturing scale up.
- Position would also be the SME based in the Advanced Engineering team for electrical/mechanical designs and be a fundamental part of design reviews of electromechanical systems for new products.
- Previous experience with electrical systems and test fixtures is required and will enable the candidate to be successful and contribute to the overall development of J&J Vision Surgical equipment.
- This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of advanced engineering principles for Design for Excellence including manufacturing, service, reliability, quality and cost in order to achieve business requirements and fulfill customer expectations.
- The incumbent must be able to function as both an individual contributor and a lead when needed with the ability to be agile and drive tasks to completion while providing guidance and advise on complex technical issues related to product design and functionality.
- Leads LabVIEW designed reliability, manufacturing, and scale up fixtures. (60%)
- Works hand in hand with R&D in both design and builds of complex capital equipment (30%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (10%)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or related technical field is required
- A minimum of four (4) years of engineering experience is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of LabVIEW, CAD, or similar systems experience is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years professional experience in an equipment focused new product development environment is required.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic travel, with the possibility of occasional international trips.
- LabVIEW certification is a plus. Advanced engineering degrees a plus.
- Strong experience in problem solving, reliability testing, and New Product Introduction/Scale up.
- Combination of R&D and Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to perform “hands on” troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Excellent understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices of statistical methods.
- Excellent technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Understanding of the NPI process.
- Thorough understanding of GMP/ISO regulations, validation regulations.
- Demonstrated project management abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills
- A person of strong conviction with effective persuasion skills must be comfortable making objective decisions and taking decisive action.
- Capable of assuming technical hands-on leadership
- Team player, able to bring diverse people and opinions together to provide the optimum solutions for the company, its employees and customers.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMO Manufacturing USA, LLC (6240)