Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, QS Due Diligence
Requisition ID: 5949190926
Janssen Research & Development a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, QS Due Diligence located in Spring House, PA, Titusville, or Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Quantitative Sciences (QS) anticipates increased due diligence activity to address the 2023-2028 revenue growth needs for Janssen. The Director QS licensing/acquisition evaluations will provide project management and QS related technical support for evaluations across all therapeutic areas. The individual will ensure that all QS evaluations of due diligence activities are coordinated, tracked and managed appropriately. On certain, due diligence activities the individual will be the QS lead.
The individual will work with the Head of QS Licensing/Acquisition Evaluation, QSTALs, Head of CPP, Head of SDS and QS TA functional heads to ensure consistent and high-quality quantitative evaluation will occur for all opportunities. The goal of QS evaluations are to quantify the uncertainties, model the ability to differentiate, and provide therapeutic areas with robust development differentiated strategies.
The individual working with Head of QS Licensing/Acquisition Evaluation will identify team members to be involved and coordinate team member due diligence assessments. The individual will restrict communication and balance confidentiality with opportunity to innovate by involving when necessary QS subject area experts. The individual will need to collaboratively work with QS functional heads, QS TA functional SPOCs, QS Project Matrix Teams, business development teams and TAs. The individual may also represent QS in business development meeting and TA governance meetings as needed.
The individual will be expected to have deep scientific expertise, understanding and demonstrated experience in drug development. The individual will be expected to have a deep understanding of the regulatory requirements and external landscape. Additional responsibilities include:
- Represent QS, where appropriate, in TA and BD decision-making forums. Ensure functional expertise related to licensing/ acquisition is available as needed. (50%)
Provide project management and technical support for QS licensing/acquisition evaluations across all therapeutic areas. Design decision matrix templates that can assist TA partners to quantify the likelihood of due diligence assets achieving their target product profile. (30%)
For select compounds with appropriate oversight, act as a QS subject area expert for QS licensing/acquisition evaluations. (20%)
Collaboration with QS functional heads, head of CPP and SDS, QS TA functional SPOCs, BD leaders, TA leaders, clinical leaders, CDTLs
with 12+ years of related experience is required.
- Early development, late development and extensive involvement in successful business development actives is required.
- Strong Project Management knowledge is required.
- Strong TA knowledge - including small and large molecule is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Strong scientific background and broad drug development knowledge is required.
- Good understanding of business development process is required.
- Ability to build inclusive teams inside and outside the department; ability and willingness to work in a cross-functional team environment (building strategic working relationships) is required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments, establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently in a timely manner (planning and organizing) is required.
- Adding value to the organization assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks (delivery of results) is required.
- Actively identifying new areas for learning and application to the job (continuous learning) is required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision (personal accountability) is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)