Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Strategic Accounts- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
Requisition ID: 5946190926
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Strategic Accounts, based in Jacksonville, FL.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Senior Director, Strategic Accounts delivers financial goals across all Channels and strategically leads the Strategic Accounts team across all channels while ensuring work meets quality standards and Strategic Account business objectives.
As a proven leader, the Senior Director, Strategic Accounts is a seasoned Commercial Professional and People Leader with a strong understanding of industry and channel trends, evolving business models, customer needs and organizational objectives. The Senior Director, Strategic Accounts must be able to conceptualize, develop, plan and execute a comprehensive business strategy that develops Channel and Account solutions across multiple channels in a rapidly changing US marketplace.
Responsible for directing channel and account staff in the development and servicing of Strategic Accounts to meet business sales objectives, including reporting of results against forecast and adjustments to senior management. Other activities include: approval and monitoring of department budget, review of structure, account alignment and sales targets as well as monitoring progress and implementing appropriate corrective action. This job is not eligible for sales incentives/sales commissions.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Director, Strategic Accounts include:
- Individual responsibility for team delivery of Sales Goals across Channels and delivery Sales Goal for priority Accounts.
- Shared responsibility for delivery of US Financial goals including topline sales, bottom line income and share.
- Individual responsibility for managing designated Channel investments to budget and maximizing return on Channel investments (ROI).
- Influence and generate Account behaviors that align with and are mutually beneficial to both J&J Vision and the Account goal attainment
- Assess Channel/Account needs and prepare strategic plans to optimize Account satisfaction to attain J&J Vision business goals
- Establish and maintain superior relationships with Strategic Account stakeholders, particularly at senior levels
- Internal cross-functional and external Account collaboration and joint-execution
- Proactively identify, establish and maintain short and long terms strategies and tactics for sustained growth across contracted channels including: GPO, Specialty Optical, Mass, Club, Drug, Value, Internet and Managed Care
- Develop comprehensive strategic business plans for both near and long-term growth while identifying and developing customized opportunities by customer that include product, promotion and field execution
- Ability to understand and assess existing Channel business models to further develop Channel and priority Account strategies.
- Leverage trends and real-time market information to develop programs to drive profitable growth
- Provide proactive and routine insight into customer and category trends and projections
- Develop distribution and supply chain strategies and solutions that meet Account and J&J Vision objectives
- Manage short and long-term P&L by Channel and priority Account to maintain profitable return on investment.
- Position and deliver economic and value-related solutions to Strategic Accounts
- Partner strategically and actively with the Field Sales leaders.
- Manage and coach high level Channel Directors and Account Management professionals.
- Develop a high performing team and culture
- Talent development mindset with a track record of developing a diverse pipeline of successful leaders through coaching, mentoring, providing courageous feedback and being a strong role model
- Build strong followership across team and organization by helping people understand and engage with the strategy/vision
- Prepare and or review financial models to recommend and establish appropriate pricing and promotion investment(s) to meet Account needs within governance guidelines
- Coordinate and align cross-functionally with finance, legal, marketing, analytics and customer marketing as necessary
- Co-create and develop contracts/plans to internal governance for approval
- Review and negotiate contract terms and recommend contract language that meets the needs and compliance standards internally and externally
- Monitor and measure contract compliance including rebates and other promotional investments offered
- Develop field execution plans for customer programs and promotions, coordinating with marketing and field resources
- Develop and maintain Channel and Account dashboards
- Demonstrated ROI for all promotional/provisional spend
- Support quarterly business review with customer and internal organization
- Manage and monitor customer incentive programs
- A BA/BS in business related field is required, a MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 10+ years related sales and/or marketing experience is required
- A minimum of 7+ years sales and people management experience with large multinational corporation is required, preferably in Channel Director and/or Strategic Account capacity
- Retail Strategic Account Management experience is preferred
- This position requires a solid understanding of J&J systems and e-commerce options
- In addition, this position requires strong Key Account competencies and behaviors adhering to J&J Leadership Imperatives
- This position is based in Jacksonville, FL and requires approximately 25% overnight travel
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)