Johnson & Johnson Careers
Analyst, GSIA (Global Strategic Insights & Analytics) – Global Oral Care
Requisition ID: 5940180706
The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies is recruiting for an Analyst, GSIA (Global Strategic Insights & Analytics) – Global Oral Care to be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Global Oral Care Business competes in the global Oral Care need state in both Developed and Emerging Markets, leveraging our global LISTERINE® brand. The Analyst of Global Strategic Insights & Analytics works closely with the Director to guide global strategies and innovation on the Oral Care category. She/he is also works with the Director to develop the brand within need states globally, and will support key global projects beyond innovation to include consumer foundational initiatives for Global Oral Care. She/he works with the Global Oral Care Director to guide global portfolio decisions across all regions and translates learnings into actionable recommendations that drive business growth. She/he demonstrates excellent communication and partners collaboratively with business teams to drive these initiatives into action. This role covers quantitative and qualitative research, analytics, social listening and understanding of global trends that feed into the development of deep human insights to support, strategy, strategic plans, Integrated Marketing Communications, Brand Equity, brand positioning and architecture, business model, Innovation and NPD, packaging, copy strategy as well as support for specified priority of the Global Franchise Organization.
- Good understanding on the Oral Care need state, helping to drive global innovation, and making recommendations on global/regional/country potential and prioritization, opportunities for growth and strategic success drivers.
- Leads new product idea generation & concept exploration/testing, product testing, packaging research, etc.
- Uses knowledge of key macro trends and supports understanding of consumer, market and competitive landscape to diagnose business performance and help address focused business issues.
- Uses contemporary research tools/resources to analyze business and solve problems.
- Understanding of analytics and comfortable in analyzing numbers.
- Acts as a business partner, not just a market research specialist.
- Integrates knowledge from multiple sources and creates meaningful interpretations and recommendations that address business issues. Influences others in the implementation of action steps to drive the business.
- Grounds business in the consumer, and works with the business team on growth opportunities and portfolio strategy.
- A Bachelor's degree is required; Post-graduate degree or equivalent in Market Research, Social Sciences, Statistics or MBA is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of experience in Market Research, Marketing, Analytics or related function is required.
- Experience in a consumer marketing company or in a research/analytics supplier is preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills; Ability to think analytically to understand business problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely
- Understanding & working knowledge of market research and analytical tools and conversant in quantitative and qualitative ad hoc research techniques and syndicated data is required
- Strong track record of high performance in industry/school. Some understanding of Consumer goods preferable.
- Digitally savvy and social listening insights expertise as well as an understanding of Digital tools and CRM is preferred
- Business knowledge with the ability to appropriately use judgment. Self starter
- Ability to influence cross-functional and upper management to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis
- This position requires up to 20% domestic and international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)