Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, CAR-T Immunogenicity Bioanalysis
Requisition ID: 5931180705
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, CAR-T Immunogenicity Bioanalysis, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will join the Immunogenicity Assessment group in the Department of Biologics Development Sciences. The group develops and validates assays to assess the immunogenicity of biotherapeutics. The incumbent will be responsible for the development and validation of immunoassays or cell-based assays to evaluate humoral and cellular response to CAR-T cell therapeutic products. Work will be performed in accordance with current GLP requirements.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the development and validation of methods to test antibody and cellular immunity to CAR-T products. This may include the following types of methods: immunoassays, flow cytometry, and cell-based assays, e.g., cytotoxicity assays.
- Execute/implement analytical experiments of substantial multi-variant complexity
- Author and/or review method validation protocols, reports, and SOPs
- Participate in formulating the bioanalytical strategy and immunogenicity risk assessment for CAR-T biotherapeutics
- Assemble and present research findings and data to the group
- Interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams when needed
- Train end-users and junior scientists on analytical methods
- Assist with method outsourcing efforts when necessary
- Maintain compliance with all appropriate SOPs for laboratory work, data recording, and laboratory equipment
- Participation in routine lab operations (lab maintenance, safety inspections, etc), equipment qualification, reagent qualifications, and/or other duties
- A Ph.D. preferably in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related scientific discipline or Master’s Degree preferably in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 year relevant experience
- Prior industry and/or GLP experience is preferred
- Prior experience with immunochemical and cellular methods is a must
- Knowledge and experience in CAR-T cell therapy, T cell biology, and/or immunology are required
- Expertise in flow cytometry is required
- Ability to design experiments and work with minimal technical supervision and skills to perform method troubleshooting, data analysis, and result interpretation independently are required
- Ability to handle and process blood or serum samples is preferred
- The candidate should be a self-starter and team player
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and data analysis tools, e.g., SoftMax, GraphPad Prism is highly preferred
- Experience with the Watson Laboratory Information System and electronic notebook would offer an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- This position requires up to 10% travel
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)