Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Healthcare Technology Center, Internet of Things Manager
Providence, Rhode Island
Requisition ID: 5929180313
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Healthcare Technology Center, Internet of Things Manager. This position will sit in Providence Rhode Island, with 10% Potential Domestic travel required.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 128,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world. Opportunities exist within the Johnson & Johnson US-based Family of Companies and at its new health technology centers that will specialize in advanced information technology. The roles will specialize in optimizing information technology and data analytics to create software applications that will serve to improve health outcomes.
You should aspire to take on responsibilities, challenges and rewards typically demonstrated by technology leaders. Each employee should desire to challenge the status quo and possess a dedication to go above and beyond to think creatively and implement technical solutions that directly impact the customer, the patient and the community. Lastly, you should exhibit a combination of innate characteristics and learned skills that will drive successful technology solutions in a global healthcare organization.
Be part of our growing dynamic team building the next generation of mobility, digital medical product solutions, and bio sensor platforms for the healthcare industry. You will focus on building, managing and providing technical leadership for several scrum teams that will build Internet of Things (IoT) platforms, common libraries, capabilities, best practices and ultimately deliver solutions to a wide variety of business challenges across Johnson & Johnson. As part of the software engineering team, you will tackle some of the most challenging issues that Johnson & Johnson faces today while dedicating additional time to ideate new and innovative solutions. We are looking for highly-driven, motivated individuals that will thrive in our creative and collaborative environment and make an impact on the world around us.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Position Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Represent and market IoT engineering services and portfolio capabilities to prospective business partners within the organization. Ability to bridge the communication between engineering and business partners.
- Provide technical leadership for software engineering and Internet of Things (IoT) best practices and architectures for addressing a variety of business challenges presented by all of J&J child companies.
- Recruit candidates and build agile teams needed to meet IoT project demand.
- Lead agile teams by providing IoT platform and solution vision, technical leadership and coaching for applying the best practices of software engineering to address business challenges within the Internet of Things discipline.
- Support team members in achieving their career goals through mentoring and servant leadership.
- Aauthorized to work permanently in the U.S. and live in the U.S.
- Proven communication skills including the ability to simplify complex concepts to all audiences.
- Ability to socialize concepts and ideas to stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Information Management, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering / Development, or something equivalent).
- Experience as a technical manager or a lead engineering role within an agile team.
- At least 10 years of hands-on technical experience in software and systems design, architecture and best-practices.
- Hands-on hardware experience is a plus.
- In-depth working experience with the end-to-end Internet of Things (IoT) engineering discipline, from the edge through the back-end, with at least 10 years of hands-on development of software platforms, libraries and solutions for Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) problems at high scale.
- At least 10 years of experience as a software developer and/or architect of multi-tiered software systems. – required.
- At least 10 years of experience with API design (REST, SOAP and raw TCP/UDP/Websocket based). – required.
- Fluent in computer network protocols, broadly as well as specifically in the context of IoT. Required.
- At least 5 years of experience working as a scrum team member.
- A year or more experience as a scrum master is preferred but not required.
- Experience with security architectures and best practices for IoT ecosystems.
- Experienced in software and systems triage and debugging skills.
- Experienced in software testing methodologies and strategies.
- Scrum certification and familiarity with Kanban is a plus.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)