Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientific Account Lead, Real World Value and Evidence (formerly HECOR field) - OHIO VALLEY
Requisition ID: 5927180705
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Senior Scientific Account Lead, Real World Value and Evidence (formerly Health Economics and Outcomes Research) to support the Ohio Valley territory. The candidate must currently reside in OH, KY, TN, W PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to a number of J&J's pharmaceutical companies. The company's mission is to create the pre-eminent model of scientific excellence in the promotion of public health.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Scientific Account Lead (SAL), RWV&E – Field, is responsible for providing fair-balanced, objective, scientific/clinical information to external and internal customers across all the key products within the Janssen Pharmaceutical portfolio. External customers can include Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), large physician groups, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) companies, Governmental Agencies (CMS and VA/DoD System), Medicare, Medicaid, Long Term Care (LTC) facilities and Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) in the assigned region/geography.
The Senior SAL is also responsible for supporting and partnering with key internal business partners, primarily the Strategic Customer Group (SCG). This individual will contribute to business planning and internal business partner teams by providing strategic clinical input, pharmacoeconomic/health outcomes input and customer insight. The Senior SAL maintains a high level of key account management and builds external relationships with recognized experts in managed markets/health care systems. The Senior SAL may work closely with in-house Outcomes Research colleagues to facilitate training, professional development, and take responsibility for leading national level projects where he/she will function as the RWV&E Field point person, while participating in various aspects of the given project.
The Senior SAL attends and actively participates in select medical/outcomes research meetings, advisory boards and internal meetings with the goal of developing and implementing strategic clinical programs in conjunction with the Outcomes Research Directors and Population Health Teams to impact current and future research strategy and designs, as well as current and future value propositions of both commercial and pipeline North America Pharmaceutical products.
The Senior SAL will work towards proficiency and leadership in the role to contribute to the department and team success. The Senior SAL is responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
- As part of the region, you will work closely with Strategic Account Directors, Medical Science Liaisons, and Population Health Researchers to support strategy planning.
- Collaborate with strategic Account Directors to respond to unsolicited requests from customers.
- Key internal customers requiring clinical and outcomes support from the Senior Liaison, HECOR Field include the managers/directors for Strategic Accounts, Government Accounts, Reimbursement, Health Policy and Advocacy, Corporate Accounts and the respective therapeutic area Medical Affairs groups.
- Display sufficient mastery of the scientific and economic/outcomes data for the entire Janssen product portfolio and functions to be able to support their customer base within their geography.
- Also, special assignments are executed, such as the development of slide decks or study critiques or unique projects.
- Participates in regional symposia and other national/regional professional and company meetings.
- Demonstrates success by delivering credible scientific exchange across the entire product portfolio and demonstrating an ability to excel in a matrix environment.
- A PharmD or PhD or another doctorate degree is required.
- A minimum of 2-5 years post-graduate experience in a clinical or managed care setting is required.
- Pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Experience working in a payer environment is highly preferred.
- Experience working with outcomes research, disease management and comparative effectiveness research and trends; able to relate these developments to pharmaceuticals is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and comprehend scientific, economic and humanistic concepts effectively with sophisticated and technical audiences required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Proven ability to effectively build partnerships, relationships and collaborate internally and externally.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint is required for presentations.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and a clean driving record, as incumbent in this role will receive a company car.
- Approximately a minimum 50%
travel in region and must currently reside in or able to relocate at own
expense to the Ohio Valley territory.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Ohio, North America-United States-Kentucky, North America-United States-Tennessee
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Medical Science Liaison