Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting for an Optometry Intern position for Summer 2020, to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision delivers meaningful innovation to improve our patients’ sight and help professionals deliver better outcomes through preventive and corrective vision solutions. We are passionate about changing the trajectory of global eye health. An opportunity is available for internship within the Research & Development (R&D) facility in Jacksonville.
As a global leader in eye health, Johnson & Johnson Vision conducts research across a diverse range of topics. Summer optometry internships provide an opportunity to work with R&D associates from a wide variety of scientific, technical and medical fields.
The Optometry Intern experience is typically an 8 to 12 week program conducted during the Summer break. It is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) paid position where the Intern works under the guidance of R&D associates. It is anticipated that during the program the Intern will develop leadership, technical and communication skills that will benefit them in their future studies and career.
The responsibilities of the Optometry Intern may include:
- Planning, developing and designing experiments
- Reviewing scientific literature and compiling technical summaries
- Assisting with community outreach vision screenings
- Partnering with research teams to complete projects
- Interpreting and summarizing experimental or clinical study data
- Presenting results to R&D colleagues
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited optometry course.
Experience and Skills:
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Prior research experience is preferred
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time for at least 8 weeks.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to the work location and then to/from work every day (A housing stipend will be offered to students that meet the commuting distance eligibility requirements).
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)