Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager, Global Strategic Insights Innovation & Pipeline
Requisition ID: 5916180705
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Global Strategic Insights Innovation & Pipeline to be based in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
The Sr. Manager, Global Strategic Insights (GSI) will play a key strategic role within the Innovation and Pipeline Team. With a deep knowledge of consumer and professional markets and behavior, this individual will be providing integrated insights and understanding for identifying unmet needs for building a robust product pipeline for the VisionCare Business.
The individual in this role will be responsible for ensuring a global mindset, but also an appreciation of the nuanced needs of each our regional markets and the opportunities for creating new innovation across these two Platforms.
This role will have strong relationships with the upstream marketing team (Innovation & Pipeline) and the R&D teams and will be expected to focus on key brand issues and growth opportunities and provide inputs into product planning decisions. He/she will be considered a functional leader and combine an expertise in research with a understanding of the impact that insights can play in both marketing, business model, and product innovation/development.
This person will provide full range of relevant information to minimize risk and identify opportunities, while bringing strategic, solutions-oriented suggestions to key stakeholders and represent the voice of the consumer and eyecare professional, ensuring that these elements remain at the core of key business decisions.
- Help to develop the overall market research and insights strategy for the franchise with input from key stakeholders (I&P and R&D Teams). Manage all aspects of GSI budget: learning plan, design, implementation, analytics.
- Evaluate business questions to appropriately develop, shape and deliver integrated learning plans to identify knowledge gaps and prioritize and address key business questions and work with the RealTime Insights Protocol team to identify & execute appropriate research methodologies to address knowledge gaps.
- Work as the Insights Consultant across the Pre GNPP & GNPP process to help build a robust product pipeline as well as to move specific innovation initiatives across the stage gate process leveraging primary & secondary research to evaluate market conditions, customer and consumer dynamics, competition, market segmentation, and identify unmet needs.
- Represent the voice of the Consumer and Eye Care Professionals through the insights gained to ensure foundational understanding for building global strategy. Lead as strategic partner to uncover customer insights that drive business value.
- Play a collaborative role with Marketing and R&D to identify and commercialize innovation platforms. Work with research and development project leaders and clinical groups as well as marketing on product and consumer/doctor issues in order to identify opportunities and evaluate risks to the introduction of new products into the marketplace.
- Keep informed about developments in the scientific field as they impact and apply to the organization's future research and development of new products.
- Interpret and integrate research data, draw conclusions/implications and translate into product development recommendations; Prepare and give presentations to management as related to product performance, product claims and any product testing during new product development.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field; MBA or MS is strongly preferred
- 8+ years of progressive experience in strategic insights, market research, business analytics, strategic forecasting, or a related field is required.
- Technical market research and analytical expertise and conversant in a range of quantitative and qualitative ad hoc research techniques and syndicated business analyses is required.
- Ability to influence cross-functional and management teams to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis.
- Strategic business knowledge with the ability to appropriately use judgment and risk-taking.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply advanced analytics to solve business issues.
- Strong track record of leadership in high performance consumer packaged goods or healthcare environment.
- Position will require approximately 15% international and domestic
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)