Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, Cell Banking
Requisition ID: 5901190530
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson & Johnson Company, is hiring an Associate Scientist, Cell Banking to be located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The candidate for this position will perform cell banking for the Cell Culture antibody processes within the API-Large Molecule group in Malvern, PA.
• Production, testing, inventory, and supply of Master and Working Cell Banks for clinical and commercial production and release of J&J biopharmaceutical and cell therapy products.
• Culture and cryopreserve cells under both GMP and non-GMP conditions using aseptic technique and following SOPs and batch record procedures.
• Culture, maintenance and vialing of cell lines. Development and implementation of new laboratory culturing processes
• Interact with internal and external customers to ship cell banks and supply critical information.
• Participate on cross-functional teams representing Cell Banking.
• Authoring technical documents and SOPs.
• Work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objectives.
• Formulation of media
• A BS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry and with at least 3 years of relevant experience OR a MS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry and with least 1-2 years of relevant experience is required.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in cell banking and cell line testing are required.
• Previous work in a GMP environment is preferred.
• The candidate must be highly organized and capable of managing/pursuing multiple projects with some supervision.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of (electronic) notebooks, technical reports and protocols is required.
• Data reporting, ability to present findings to management, and experience with team-based collaborations is required.
• This role is based in Malvern, PA and may require occasional weekend work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)