Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Scientist - Skin Health Product and Process Development, North America. This position will be located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The ideal candidate will lead regional and global projects for Skin Health products, and will be directly responsible for new product formulation and process development incorporating consumer insights from appropriate channels. Strong communication skills together with the ability to manage complexity are must have prerequisites. The candidate will provide strategic and operational skills in the end to end execution of regional and global projects, including analyzing the new consumer insight to help build a strategic innovation pipeline. Responsibilities will also include people leadership and development of more junior scientists.
The Senior Scientist will be accountable for the design and execution of regional projects linked to global strategy, which includes defining scope, targets and problem resolution methods with demonstrated rigor and deep organizational knowledge. He/She will participate in cross functional project and potentially leadership teams as the regional leader for North America Skin Health R&D.
He/she will develop a technical expertise in product design/formulation and process development/process scale-up, operate and lead independent of technical direction and execute projects and analysis with hands-on involvement. Ability to manage routine organizational processes and complexity, risk-taking and decision making are critical components of the role in providing guidance and solutions to technical problems.
The Senior Scientist will draft and execute peer reviewed manuscripts, tech reports and patent fillings. Ability to manage routine processes and complexity, risk taking and decision making are critical components of the role in providing guidance and solutions to technical problems.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Pharmacy is preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience (academic or industry), or a Master’s or PhD Degree with a minimum of three years of related experience (academic or industry).
- Experience with formulation is required
- Considerable experience in formulating mineral sunscreens/facial moisturizers with SPF highly preferred.
- Cosmetics, OTC or pharmaceutical experience is required.
- A good technical foundation of formulated products including emulsions, surfactants, suspensions, structured liquids, an understanding of material chemistry and process equipment is required.
- Process development/process scale-up experience is required.
- Experience working with external manufacturing and technical project management is required
- Fluent written and oral English communication skills are required.
- MS Office (Word and Excel) proficiency, excellent oral and written communication skills and solid presentation skills are required
- People leadership skills preferred
- Familiarity with cGMP and other regulatory requirements is preferred
This position is located in Skillman, NJ with up to 25% domestic or international travel required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)