Johnson & Johnson Careers
Engineer II (Automation/Manufacturing)
Requisition ID: 5887180705
DePuy Synthes is currently recruiting for an Engineer II (Automation/Manufacturing) to be located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of automation and electro-mechanical design in a fast paced and industry leading medical device company. This position will directly impact the business by providing sustainment and improvement to production assets. Working with operations and production support on a daily basis to incorporate long term sustainable solutions, this role will contribute to the development of a world class manufacturing environment.
- Provides technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability alternatives.
- Must have extensive experience troubleshooting, repairing, and upgrading electro-mechanical and pneumatic systems and programming PLC’s. Must have expert working knowledge with HMI’s and Controls and automated equipment.
- Basic understanding of Lean Tools and basic understanding of industrial engineering, layouts, time studies, takt time, metrics calculation and statistics.
- Integrates technical requirements to create high level electro mechanical solutions.
- Leads and participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
- Performs gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
- Provides technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.
- Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis and presentation of data and technical writing.
- Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Automation Engineering, or a related degree is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience is required.
- Prior experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
- Must be willing to support all production shifts.
- This position is located in Monument CO and may require up to 10% travel domestically and/or internationally.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)