Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Supplier Quality Engineer
Anasco, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 5874180705
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Staff Supplier Quality Engineer.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Staff Supplier Quality Engineer, you will:
• Lead overall Quality Assurance and guidance in the management of quality impacting suppliers and purchasing control systems.
• Identify and eliminate supply chain risks, ensure suppliers are technically competent, lead supplier quality development, and ensure that supplier’s and internal practices are executed in compliance with company requirements and applicable regulations.
• Your key areas of focus will be risk management, defect resolution, supplier process capability/improvement, supplier and Quality Management System (QMS) performance monitoring, and quality assurance general support.
• Support health authority inspections, complete department/franchise objectives while demonstrating Credo values and behaviors.
• Lead activities associated with resolving supplier quality issues. This includes working with supplier and company resources to perform root cause analysis/failure investigations, identifying and implementing corrective actions, and monitoring for effectiveness.
• Lead activities associated with supplier risk management. This includes working with suppliers to identify areas of high risk within their processes; establishing, monitoring and implementing supplier risk mitigation plans; participating in supplier risk management projects; and ensuring management awareness of risks, gaining support for mitigation efforts and tracking progress.
• Lead activities associated with supplier process improvement. This includes working with suppliers to identify sources of variation within their processes, implementing process controls to improve process capability, and driving implementation of best practices.
• Perform and support supplier quality evaluations or audits, development of quality agreements, and other quality related activities impacting supplier.
• Develop and report on supplier performance metrics, and participate in local site supplier quality meetings to ensure communication and alignment of quality initiatives.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required; degree with a focus in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering is preferred.
• Six Sigma (e.g. Green or Black Belt), Project Management (e.g. FPX), Process Excellence, or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer certifications are preferred.
• A minimum of six (6) years of Quality, Engineering or Operations experience in a regulated environment is required.
• FDA and ISO regulations knowledge is required, preferably with FDA CFR Part 820 and ISO 13485.
• Strong statistical, root cause analysis, communication and problem-solving skills are required.
• Experience in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Chemical industry is preferred.
• Auditing background is an asset.
• Experience or knowledge with machining, chemical manufacturing processes and injection molding are preferred.
• Proficiency in English and Spanish (oral and written) is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required; MS Project and Minitab are preferred.
• This position requires up to twenty-five percent (25%) of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco
AMO Puerto Rico Manufacturing, Inc. (Branch) (7239)