Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Brand Design
Requisition ID: 5864190530
in New York, NY.
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 128,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we partner and collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to actual products being invented and developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You are focused and enthusiastic – with the analytical understanding that by taking a complicated problem you are able to transform it into a creative force.
Possessing a real passion for brand design, you have a talent to engage with a wide range of partners successfully and an inherent ability to synthesize disparate inputs into actionable frameworks, strategies and designs. You possess excellent presentation skills, sharing work with teammates and partners in a way that instills confidence and focus.
You are a self-starter and a confident leader who can represent JJD on a cross-functional team, guiding them to deliver intelligent, people-centered solutions. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in work quality.
- You will develop and inspire a team of broad design capabilities and deliver design vision for corporate branding and communications.
- You contribute to the Studio culture by nurturing the talent you help manage while collaborating to establish career paths.
- You will set and lead design objectives to achieve business targets.
- You work collaboratively will all team members and business partners, and are deeply committed to actionable solutions.
- Partner with other disciplines to define strategies and tactics to net profound business results.
- You have a clear point of view that is articulated through a thoughtful and considered approach to achieve strategic outcomes.
- You will grow and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships.
- You will bridge design and business disciplines, evaluating and gauging appropriate risks and future opportunities.
- Please be an advocate to drive and execute environmentally sustainable design solutions.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in design or related ﬁeld.
- 10+ years of design leadership-related experience is required.
- Strong visual, written, and oral communication skills are required.
- Proven results managing myriad multi-disciplinary design teams is required.
- Demonstrated experience guiding business partners through the design process.
- Financial budgeting skills and competency is required.
- Up to 50% hands-on design work.
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
United States-New York-New York-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)