Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lens Fabrication Technician IV
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 5861180704
Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting for a Lens Fabrication Technician IV to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A Lens Fabrication Technician IV has mastery over key contact lens manufacturing processes, and is expected to assist process engineers in the development of new processes. This role visibly demonstrates standards of practice for junior technicians.
- This role encompasses all Pilot Plant Lens Fabrication Tech responsibilities, and product development pre-commercial experimental or product build support.
- Responsible for operating Pilot Plant manufacturing equipment.
- Performs a variety of Engineering activities focused at process improvement, and supporting R&D by identifying, reducing and preventing process variability.
- Improves process capability by continuous improvement of equipment, materials, and methods.
- Works closely with other scientific engineering disciplines in the development of new products and in the continuous improvement of technology and processes.
- Responsible for specific departmental administrative and safety functions as directed by supervision.
- Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems, and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product and process non-conformities. Develop Process Excellence techniques to identify systematic issues. Tracks, trends, develops and implements equipment and/or process enhancements that will improve efficiency, product yield, and equipment reliability.
Reviews and writes test plans, training manuals, updates Pilot Facility internal operating procedures, JSA’s and HECP’s for new and existing manufacturing equipment.
Maintenance of Pilot Plant and R&D equipment.
Installation or modification of equipment or system.
Process and equipment troubleshooting and repairs.
Documentation and administrative duties.
Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
High School Degree or equivalent is required.
Some level of technical training is preferred (i.e. Certification, Qualification, etc.).
A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience is required.
A minimum of 2 years of maintenance or engineering experience with high volume production line environment, preferably continuous operation required.
Training, coaching experience is required.
Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas: PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices and robotic/servo systems are required.
Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas: safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, equipment process development and mechanical devices are preferred.
Experience working in a medical device manufacturing facility is preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
Ability to prioritize projects and tasks. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Good organizational skills.
Ability to work in an empowered work team environment.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)
R&D Engineering (R&D)