Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Clinical R&D Field Specialist
Requisition ID: 5854180312
CERENOVUS, Johnson & Johnson’s Neurovascular Division (CNV), a member of the Medical Device group, is recruiting for a Clinical R&D Field Specialist to join the NTI Team. This position is field-based with a preference for representation in West Coast region of the U.S.
CERENOVUS, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is a global leader in neurovascular care. Our commitment to changing the trajectory of stroke is inspired by our long heritage and dedication to helping physicians protect people from a lifetime of hardship. CERENOVUS offers a broad portfolio of devices used in the endovascular treatment of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke.
The position will directly interact with the neuro-interventionalist community, providing both scientific education on endovascular stroke treatment using Cerenovus devices, and collaborating in research to strengthen the scientific knowledge of clot in acute ischemic stroke.
The NTI team forms a vital bridge between the company’s clinical and fundamental research program and physicians in field, through performing translational in-vitro research, developing training materials, dissemination through on-site training, workshops, and presentations, and managing collaborative research projects with key stroke hospitals and various professional societies.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver technical/clinical training with physicians on-site in hospitals to encourage best practice use of Cerenovus stroke devices in a variety of clot types and procedural techniques.
- Provide NTI workshops during Cerenovus events to disseminate the scientific clot research underpinning the design of Cerenovus devices
- Perform in-vitro scientific research to better understand the challenges of clot removal in stroke and best practices for utilizing Cerenovus devices to achieve best clinical outcome, thereby also identifying gaps and potential solutions to endovascular stroke treatment.
- Translation of scientific clot research into the development of training materials through presentations, videos, or other media for use in NTI activities.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of endovascular stroke treatment.
- Identify potential product enhancements & new product ideas by applying an analytical approach to understanding the clinical needs of neuro-interventionalists.
- Gather feedback and clinical information from the field and provide input to R&D product development group.
- Develop and maintain professional, high-quality, physician relationships.
- Plan, prepare and execute/support clot related research activities with key collaborative centers in stroke treatment.
- Co-author publications and generate data to support publications.
- Essential skills:
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Technically competent and confident, and able to engage peer to peer with both R&D engineers and physicians.
- Training skills and experience
- Customer focus (eg ability to develop and maintain trustworthy relationships)
- Creative and solutions oriented
- Autonomy & Accountability
- Empathic team player (share knowledge and information, respect, positive mindset readiness to help and support).
- Ability to identify and develop new opportunities
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate across all levels of an organization required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a medical device industry in product development or similar environment.
- Experience in conference oral presentations and authorship of scientific peer-reviewed publications.
- Ability to demonstrate endovascular procedural knowledge.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)