Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Writing Scientist
Requisition ID: 5848180704
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Writing Scientist with a primary location in Raritan, NJ. Other locations of Titusville, NJ and Spring House, PA will be considered. This position will support the Cardiovascular therapeutic area.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Medical Writing Scientist is responsible for preparing basic documents and sections of more complex clinical documents under close supervision. You will work as a member of a team and report to a director. You will be an individual contributor.
In this exciting role you will
- Learn how to best interpret, summarize, and present statistical and medical information to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Prepare basic clinical documents (eg, Phase 1/2 CSRs, initial Investigator Brochures) of high quality in terms of scientific content clarity, and accuracy, with attention to format and consistency as well as organization per applicable external (regulatory) and internal guidance.
- Help prepare sections of more complex clinical documents under supervision (eg, Investigator Brochure Updates, Phase 2/3 CSRs).
- Perform document quality control, abbreviations, references, literature searches, table creation and other basic tasks.
- Work in a team environment with some guidance provided, and take a somewhat active role on assigned projects with respect to timing, scheduling, and tracking.
- Participate in cross-functional document planning and review meetings.
- Learn the medical writing role and apply internal standards, regulatory and publishing guidelines
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- An advanced degree (Masters, PhD, MD) is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience is required.
- Solid oral and written communication skills are required.
- The following are required:
- Experience with applicable word processing software.
- Basic project management skills, including the ability to stay organized and manage time.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in teams and the ability to build solid and productive relationships with cross-functional team members.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)