Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Scientist, Protein Science (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 5843171203
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, screening and protein science coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
The Protein Science department within Lead Discovery is responsible for the delivery of proteins to enable assay development, HTS, pharmacological profiling and structural biology (X-ray crystallography and NMR). The Protein Science Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams and with external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team. The Senior Scientist will:
- Lead the design and implementation of protein purification strategies that provide active proteins for use in assays and structural biology
- Hands-on laboratory work is expected
- Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia
- Develop innovative approaches to protein production including evaluation of new technologies
- Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate
- Publish research in high-quality journals as appropriate
- B.S. in biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology or molecular pharmacology with least 12 years of industry experience OR a Master’s in biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology or molecular pharmacology with at least 10 years of experience OR a PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology or molecular pharmacology with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience is required
- Expertise in protein construct design is required
- Expertise in the purification of soluble proteins is required
- Experience in protein characterization using techniques such as electrophoresis, analytical gel filtration, mass spectrometry, dynamic light scattering is preferred
- Expertise in the recombinant expression of proteins in various heterologous systems (E. coli bacteria, insect cells, mammalian cell lines, cell-free systems) is preferred
- Expertise in biophysics and/or enzymology is preferred
- Expertise in spectroscopy is preferred
- Expertise in automation for protein expression and/or purification is preferred
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals are required
- Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
- Experience working with and guiding external collaborators in industry or academia is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)