Johnson & Johnson Careers
Regional Technology Specialist- Fort Worth, TX/ Albuquerque, NM- Biosense Webster, Inc.
Fort Worth, Texas; Albuquerque, New Mexico
Requisition ID: 5827181026
Biosense Webster, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Regional Technology Specialist to support the Central Region; which includes Fort Worth, TX /Albuquerque, NM.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
As the Regional Technology Specialist, you will:
- Be an integral part of Biosense Webster's US Field Sales & Service group reporting to a New Technology Manager (NTM), and closely partnering with, the Regional Business Director (RBDs) and Territory Managers (TMs).
Under the general direction of the manager and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, you will focus on:
- Assessing and increasing the clinical competency development for the assigned workgroup's field organization, and assessing team members' clinical skills, identifying internal or external resources to fill training gaps and monitor/track improvement to a level of certification and beyond.
- Launching new technologies; and have accountability for achieving geographically aligned business objectives. Through this support, they will be a strategic partner to implement emerging education related to new technologies, organizational directives and to quantifiably improve their workgroup's level of clinical competence. The end result should be that Biosense Webster personnel are recognized as best in industry for their commercial, technical and clinical competencies and that new technology is introduced flawlessly.
- Also may be accountable to provide technical and clinical product support to Electrophysiology (EP) physicians and laboratory staff for BWI diagnostic and therapeutic catheters and systems to enable practitioners to perform advanced cardiac ablation procedures.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with physicians & EP laboratory staff in order to identify and foster interest in new products or product indications to grow and develop the company's product and technology utilization.
- Partner with Territory Managers, Field Service Engineers and Field Management to ensure alignment and coordination of activities to meet business objectives.
- Work in coordination with the NTM and Global Education & Training team to accurately assess the clinical skills of assigned BWI clinical team members and establish a prioritized clinical development plan leading to continual growth and business goal attainment.
- Facilitate the development of the assigned BWI clinical team members to meet the requirements of the certification and ongoing clinical development process.
- Develop & execute a workgroup-wide certification plan that brings 100% of the group to the targeted level, and accurately assesses the clinical skills of assigned per diem clinical support and manages them through the per diem certification process. Measure, and is accountable, to quantifiable learning and growth in their assigned workgroup.
- Partner with Sales & Service leaders to execute content for emerging and targeted areas of growth. Partner with various stakeholders including Sales, Marketing and Global Education & Training to execute continual education of all sales & clinical field personnel.
- Provide expert clinical product and technical assistance and training to physicians and EP/IC Lab Staff on the effective use of BWI's systems and catheter equipment (e.g., The CARTO® System and all appropriate software modules) during case procedures within an assigned geography, and in a manner that leads to meeting and exceeding business goals. Educate assigned customers on all BWI products to optimize effective usage by providing technical and clinical information and in-service trainings. Share best practices to increase value for customers.
- Use and coach aligned workgroups on consultative selling techniques to identify potential sales opportunities within the account. Create awareness of BWI solutions and facilitates Territory Manager (TM) and Clinical Account Specialist (CAS) contact with the key decision makers to drive incremental business.
- Drive collaboration and maintains consistent, open lines of communication across the assigned responsibilities with the local team/Pod (i.e. TM and other CAS), as well as the support team (i.e. other EP/Ultrasound CAS, FSE, RBD/KAM) and other internal and external partners.
- Develop and share best practices with US Field Sales and Service colleagues and internal partners.
- Develop and grow mutually beneficial customer relationships within and beyond the EP/IC lab, including, but not limited to physicians, nurses and technicians, clinical and hospital administrators and staff.
- Stay current on company products instructions for use (IFU), best practices and technical troubleshooting, as well as relevant scientific clinical literature and new product information.
- Prioritize and appropriately respond to requests in a high-stress environment. Maintain composure and problem solving focus during stressful interactions.
- Engage in diagnostic dialogue with multiple internal and external business partners and stakeholders. Formulate solutions based on dialogue and input gained during session.
- Respond daily to requests by email and voicemail from customers, practitioners and partners. Perform administrative work, including CAS Field Visit Letters, training summaries, account documentation, compliance training requirements, expense reporting, and Company system input.
- As required, respond to requests for case support to customers for the operation and use of BWI equipment. Set appointments, present clinical and technical information, and be present to ensure optimal equipment usage.
- Communicate with counterparts, supervisor, and business partners to ensure efficiencies and open lines of communications.
- Maintains Safe Fleet standards according to Company guidelines.
- Communicate business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Ensure subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
- Ensure personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned as needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, or 5 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Excellent oral (including group presentations) and written communication skills, as well as solid organizational and time management abilities.
- Valid driver's license in one of the 50 United States is required.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 70% overnight locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Certification in cardiology technology (E.g. IBHRE, RCES), for EP and clinical experience.
- Managerial / supervisory experience.
- Live in the assigned geography.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office products.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Texas-Fort Worth-
United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)