Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Global Forecasting and Analytics, Infectious Diseases and Vaccines (IDV)
Requisition ID: 5825180705
Janssen Global Services, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is recruiting for Associate Director, Global Forecasting and Analytics, Infectious Diseases and Vaccines (IDV) to be located in Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Global Forecasting and Analytics, Infectious Diseases and Vaccines (IDV) is responsible for providing decision support and integrating key insights to shape global commercial development strategies for pharmaceutical products in early development based on forecasting, modeling, primary & secondary research sources and competitive intelligence. The responsibilities will span internal development, licensing and acquisition.
- Develop and deliver forecasts, perform sensitivity analysis and develop presentations to support assets in development and business development projects.
- Accountable for the robustness and transparency of the forecasts.
- Facilitate and lead discussions to determine appropriate forecast model designs and formulate key assumptions and risks, and to align with business partners within IDV and beyond.
- Liaise with market research and Competitive Intelligence functional personnel to ensure depth of insight and rigor into key forecast assumptions.
- Articulate and frame insights, risks and opportunities associated with long range forecast (LRFP), business case for stage gate decisions and support for business development, licensing and acquisition deals.
- Support commercial leadership in its communication of forecast assumptions, outputs, and scenarios to business partners, senior management and regions.
This position provides an exceptional career advancement opportunity for the right candidate. The role offers significant organizational exposure across Janssen therapeutic area (TA) leadership, and significant experiences gained in the following areas:
- Strategic involvement in the development of a disease area stronghold pipeline
- Exposure to both internal pipeline development through partnership with commercial leads but also to external collaboration and innovation through involvement in business development activities
- Leadership experience in a complex cross-functional environment spanning research, development, business development, regulatory, access and innovation centers.
- Deeper understanding of R&D and clinical trial development processes
- Long range strategic thinking skills and global mindset
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- An MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressive business experience is required in relevant areas such as Forecasting, New Business Development, Finance, Marketing Science, Business Analytics, and/or Sales Analytics.
- Experience designing and building different types of forecasting models to address uncertainty and multiple scenarios, and interpreting and presenting the results to key stakeholders is required.
- Sound business acumen, and ability to validate business assumptions, discuss business and marketing strategies with commercial leads is required.
- Validating root cause directly with commercial leads, and strategically sums up context and recommendations is required
- Infectious Disease and/or Vaccine experience preferred
- Global experience preferred.
- Strong learning agility is required
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Proficiency in Crystal Ball/@Risk (Monte Carlo Simulation Modeling) is strongly preferred.
- The position will be based in Raritan, NJ and may require domestic and international travel 15%.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)