Johnson & Johnson Careers
Primary Electro Mechanical Design Engineer, R&D, LCM
Requisition ID: 5815180704
Ethicon Endo Surgery, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Primary Electro Mechanical Design Engineer, R&D, LCM, located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
(Lifecycle Management) LCM is a fast-paced, team environment that focuses on quick solutions for our products currently released to ensure the best patient outcomes. LCM team members work with all internal stakeholders, as well as external suppliers to achieve these goals.
The Primary Electro Mechanical Design Engineer, R&D, LCM, will work in a team environment on sustaining currently released products. This includes ensuring the quality, delivery, and cost of our products through root cause analysis, testing, and design changes
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate must have the experience and skills necessary to development and assembly of electro-mechanical components, systems and assembly/test equipment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A focused degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electro-mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline is preferred.
- A total number of 3 years of professional experience is required.
- Previous professional experience within an Electro-mechanical function is required.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO and cGMP regulations is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with RoHS, UL and IEC 60601 product safety and EMC requirements are preferred.
- Knowledge of IPC acceptance and workmanship is preferred.
- Experience with electro-mechanical manufacturing processes that include: Box build, SMT, BGA/PGA, device packaging, micro-electronics, motors, gearboxes, wire harnesses, power supplies, LED's, LCD displays, PCBA's, rigid/flex circuits, EPROM's, software validation, HiPot testing and in-circuit testing is preferred.
- ESD and EMI controls within a manufacturing environment are preferred.
- This individual must have demonstrated experience with industry norms and standards for wiring and cable management. Competent working knowledge of 6-sigma methodologies, statistical techniques is preferred.
- Experience working with in-process and finished good test equipment.
- Experience in managing product, project and process risks via tools (i.e. FMEA & RISDA) is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an EM manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in the equipment service area is preferred.
- A certification in Process Excellence (Green Belt or Black Belt) is preferred.
- Good communication and presentation skills required.
This position may require up to 10% travel and is located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)