Johnson & Johnson Careers
REAL WORLD VALUE & EVIDENCE SUMMER INTERN 2019
Requisition ID: 5814190130
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Scientific Affairs (JSA), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a total of four Summer Interns to work in the Real World Value & Evidence (RWV&E) Center of Excellence located in:
Titusville, NJ supporting (two openings):
- Cardiovascular and Metabolics Therapeutic Areas
- Central Nervous System and Infectious Disease Therapeutic Areas
Horsham, PA supporting (two openings):
- Oncology Therapeutic Area
- Immunology Therapeutic Area
The RWV&E is comprised of Market Access Scientific strategists (MAx) with the mission to deliver real-world evidence to a variety of U.S. stakeholders in healthcare, including patients, providers, and payers. One area of focus is the generation and communication of clinical and economic evidence to payers, which supports informed decision-making on the value and use of treatments in Janssen’s North America Pharmaceuticals portfolio. Each intern will be exposed to the RWV&E area to:
- Understand the pharmaceutical industry organization
- Recognize the value and role of real-world evidence generation (e.g. health economic and outcomes research) in modern healthcare
- Gain competency in review and analysis of scientific literature
- Develop medical writing skills
- Prepare and conduct presentations to internal stakeholders
- Verbally communicate economic and clinical research findings to various cross-functional teams
- Participate in observational research projects
- Candidates should be pursuing a graduate degree in economics, life sciences, epidemiology, public health, health policy, biomedical sciences, health services research, pharmacy, or related area of study
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited college and have at least 2 years of graduate study in PharmD, PhD, MPH or other master’s programs
- Candidates should have good communication skills and a strong interest in health economics/pharmacoeconomics, outcomes research, real-world evidence, and pharmaceutical industry
- Candidates must be available for at least 10 weeks over the 2018 summer
- Candidates must demonstrate good computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent resident
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred
Positions will be based in Titusville, NJ or Horsham, PA and involve approximately 8 hours of work per day, Monday through Friday (a 40-hour work week). Candidates must be able to provide their own transportation to the work location. There will be no reimbursement for interview-related expenses, relocation, or housing.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)