Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategic Sourcing Manager - Electronic Systems Category
Requisition ID: 5800190926
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Manager - Electronic Systems Category located in Irvine California.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Manager- Electronic Systems Category will be responsible for leading Procurement in support of approximately $50 million or less in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend is medium in complex in nature and requires a collaboration with key partners within the business to execute. In this role, you will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. You will plan and lead the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence. You will provide Global leadership for developing end-to-end category strategy development, maintaining key relationships and handling key supplier relationships. The position will craft, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
The Manager, Electronic Systems Category scope of responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value.
- Collaborate on supplier performance, and continuous improvements in the supply base to reduce risk and waste (cost) in the supply chain
- You will utilize insights generated from market research and industry trends to drive a mindset of current tactical optimization and new tactical innovation
- Develop and lead price and cost initiatives; Prepare and execute RFQs for complex sourcing decisions; Conduct negotiations with suppliers
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Develop and share deep understanding and anticipate future developments in the areas of Data Analytics & Insights, Procurement Policy, BU/Category strategies, as well as maintain strong working knowledge of SME areas (Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, Supplier Sustainability, and Supplier Risk Management); Benchmark with peers and industry groups to maintain knowledge & continually build expertise to ensure continued robustness and evolution of strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships throughout J&J that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Approximate Percentage of Time Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
- 25% - Category Strategy: Develops comprehensive, medium complexity category strategies; Conducts complex analysis and proactively offers insights based off analysis; Supports execution of strategy; Responsible for medium complexity category execution
- 25% - Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier performance
- 20% - Conduct supplier business reviews; establishing cadence and agenda together with category lead and business lead plus other appropriate parties to be involved
- 20% - Monitor and report risks in supplier relationships and utilize key insights in the development of the long term procurement vision and strategy
- 10% - Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus regarding Supplier Management
- Experience in the procurement of electronic systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Ability to understand and influence individuals
- Working knowledge and experience in Sourcing Processes, Contracting, Negotiations
- Analytical, sound judgment and decision making, problem solver
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives
- Able to prioritize requests and propose effective alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management, Category Management & Sourcing and Supplier Management) desired
- Education – CPSM, CSCP, CPIM, PMP, or other certification or relevant experience desired
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Ability to influence and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain)
United States-California-Irvine-33 Technology Drive
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)