Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Employment Law, to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, the Sr. Counsel, Employment Law may handle all aspects of employment legal responsibilities, including managing employment, benefit and non-compete litigations; managing/supervising mediations; supervising investigations and responses to government agency charges and OFCCP audits; advising internal clients on restructurings/reorganizations, employment aspects of acquisitions and divestitures, sensitive employee relations matters, executive hiring, discrimination/harassment/retaliation issues, sensitive workforce analytics and numerous other aspects of employment law; as well as proactive partnering with other departments to enhance processes and further improve compliance efforts.
The Senior Counsel is expected to act as a strong technical resources/partner for senior executives and to establish and drive implementation of legal strategies for larger/more complex cases/programs/teams that align with the J&J and the overall Law Department vision and objectives and cultivates the development of innovative solutions to enhance employee engagement and/or prevent employment litigation. The Senior Counsel is also expected to identify future trends and recommend legal strategies to meet current and future business needs in the employment law area.
- A minimum of a Juris Doctor is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of practicing experience as an attorney in litigation and employment law is required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional partners and senior management to impact decision-making is required.
- Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis is required.
- Outstanding and clear communication skills, and the ability to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and articulate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely required.
- Must have significant experience and demonstrated comfort level with working with senior management.
- Must have highly strategic business knowledge and the ability to appropriately use judgment and risk-taking.
- Experience with workforce analytics is preferred.
- Strong external focus is required.
- Must be capable of creating one’s own agenda and deliverables based on strategy.
- Must be agile and able to change behavior across range of situations.
- Direct experience with setting and delivering measurable objectives is required.
- Must have strategic business partnership skills, cross-functional leadership, business acumen & understanding of organizational dynamics, influencing skills, and objectivity.
- Up to approximately 10% travel may be required globally and domestically.
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)