Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Exploratory Biology
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 5783190129
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Exploratory Biology located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
In this laboratory-based position, you will join the Target Assessment group within Exploratory Biology. Your scientific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, (1) support the molecular and functional characterization of biotherapeutic targets; (2) contribute to the development of best antibody and cell therapy approaches by building required biological assays, systems and cell lines; (3) efficient use of extensive expertise spread across Janssen and at contract research organizations.
The highly qualified candidate is expected to interface with project leaders, contribute to the assessment of the projects’ needs for target characterization and relevant assay formats, and conduct non-routine experiment in a fast-paced multitasking environment.
This position offers you an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. The ideal candidate for this role would thrive while:
- Designing, performing and interpreting in vitro and ex vivo experiments, including but not limited to: flow cytometry and sorting, ELISA, tumor cell killing, immune cell isolation from whole blood or tissues, reporter assays, transcription assays (such as quantitative RT-PCR), transfection and cloning of stable cell lines, Western blot (Peggy Sue) and deglycosylation experiments. Troubleshoot where necessary.
- Staying up-to-date with the literature in your field.
- Analyzing and presenting data in professional 'publication ready' format.
- Demonstrating clear and professional verbal and written communication skills and
- Independently analyzing and interpreting experimental results and drafting or contributing to the preparation of protocols, technical reports, patent applications and manuscripts
- Generating and maintaining experimental data in an electronic laboratory notebook in a highly organized manner
- Reviewing the proper operation and maintenance of current laboratory equipment and analytical instruments
- Presenting unsolicited ideas to team leaders/supervisors
- Interfacing effectively and positively with all levels of colleagues in research and non-clinical functions
- Independently presenting scientific findings in cross-functional project teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (the latter highly preferred) in immunology, oncology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline, with a minimum of 6 years of laboratory experience.
- Experience working in industry is preferred.
- Experience with the set-up, acquisition and analysis of multi-color flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Experience in design, execution and analysis of in vitro pharmacology studies to assess receptor/ligand interactions, or complex in vitro functional assays to assess efficacy of antibody or cell-based therapeutics
- Experience with primary immune cell cultures and advanced cell culture techniques
- Experience in analyzing protein glycosylation and/or proteoglycan-receptor interactions is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)