Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Enterprise and Solution Architecture for Corporate Business Technology
Requisition ID: 5780180703
Johnson & Johnson is looking for a Senior Manager, Enterprise and Solution Architecture for Corporate Business Technology in New Brunswick NJ. This position may require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Enterprise Architect will establish target IT architecture and roadmaps to realize the business strategy for the following business functions: Human Resources, Legal, Learning Management Systems, and Global Corporate Affairs . Additionally, the role supports all digital capabilities across corporate functions.
The Enterprise Architect will define the business, application, information, technology and solution architecture for these functions. The Enterprise Architect will develop strategic vision and provide guidance to project teams. The Enterprise Architect will design, develop and communicate strategies, technology models, processes, tools and standards in support of business processes. The Enterprise Architect will also design end-to-end solutions, considering people, process, data and technology. The Enterprise Architect will align business processes with technology roadmaps and articulate transition from current to future state.
- Work with business technology leaders and business partners to identify critical business capabilities, articulate problem definition, conduct market capability analysis, propose solution hypotheses, and provide support for prototypes and proofs of concepts to enable key business capabilities
- Develop or lead highly sophisticated architectural solutions that require integration of multiple technologies, addressing the interrelationships of multiple systems and serving diverse business partners
- Articulate technology strategy for domains in scope, develop business capabilities and application roadmaps, drive transition from current to future state
- Manage the Application and Technology Portfolio for domains in scope and drive its evolution based on industry trends, enterprise needs and technology standards
- Document as-is and to-be application landscapes, recommend how to proceed with investments in applications, drive application rationalization and overall application lifecycle management process
- Provide advanced expertise in multiple technologies, including emerging technologies
- Provide vision and pragmatic expertise to the planning process, ensuring technology investments and strategies align with business requirements
- Identify and lead the resolution of highly complex technical problems
- Lead architecture design that is scalable to the enterprise, sector, and franchise level
- Develop publications and educate JNJ affiliates on architecture plans, current and emerging technologies, and strategies
- As part of the JNJ Federated Enterprise Architecture team, develop enterprise technology standards and strategies, ensure the use of standards across the organization
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in information technology or a related technical field
- A minimum of 8 years of Information Technology experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of technology strategy development is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Enterprise or Solution Architecture creating and delivering application roadmaps and architecture artifacts is required
- A minimum of 3 years of application integration experience is required
- Experience managing and directing multiple engagements developing key architecture artifacts and standards while following an architecture development processes is required Preffered
- Experience with Workday integration is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with enterprise and SaaS software such as Workday, Taleo, Cornerstone OnDemand, Time & Attendance systems, and Payroll systems is strongly preferred
- Experience with relational databases, data warehouses, operational data stores, in-memory databases, SQL and noSQL technologies and concepts is strongly preferred
- Architecture and application lifecycle management methodologies experience is preferred
- 3 years of experience in all phases of an established SDLC and/or AGILE methodologies is preferred
- Knowledge and use of CMDB and MEGA or other architecture tools is preferred
Critical interpersonal attributes include:
- Self-motivated individual driven by ingenuity and creativity with strong thought leadership
- Possess excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills needed for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to serve as an evangelist of the architecture vision, strategy, and principles
- Able to establish relationships with business and technology leaders, as well as technology subject matter experts
- A team player with attention to detail
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)