Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Policy (1 Year Contract Opportunity)
Requisition ID: 5764180312
As a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Janssen Inc. is dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs in diabetes, psychiatry, oncology, psoriasis, virology, anemia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and gastroenterology. Driven by our commitment to the passionate pursuit of science for the benefit of patients, we work together to bring innovative ideas, products and services to patients around the world.
Manager, Policy will be a member of the Market Access Team and will be responsible for analyzing critical insights regarding key policy issues in pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement in Canada, and using these insights to develop position papers and strategies designed to engage and influence policy makers on these issues, in collaboration with the field-based policy team.
- Create a short term (1-2 year) and long term (2-4 year) issue map, cross referencing industry challenges with specific policy overlays related to Janssen products
- Develop and maintain stakeholder influence maps
- Create Janssen policy position papers, with proof points and consideration for long term solutions
- Develop and execute analytics required to support Janssen position on key policies.
- Create a Janssen policy publication plan, including white papers, sponsored conference and external speaking opportunities, social media platforms, others (aligned to the issues map above)
- Create a platform to effectively engage Sr. leadership in the “get to the mic” strategy, including content as well as training & accessibility tools
- Shape IMC/BIOTECanada/COBC initiatives with the delivery of original content and references related to key policy issues
- Contribute to the development of Janssen positions and policies on key healthcare issues
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in external meetings with policy influencers, in collaboration with field policy team
- Develop and communicate information and tools for Janssen employees to understand key policy issues and impact to Janssen and larger industry
- University degree in health sciences and/or political science
- Extensive knowledge of the political & healthcare environment
- 5+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or government
- Experience in a role involving writing and assessment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Ability to manage complexity in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to think critically, innovatively and have a strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to partner effectively across an organization and externally to customers, suppliers, etc
- Proven ability to influence at the senior level
- Ability to communicate complex messages to a diverse audience
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)