Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal BioEngineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery
Requisition ID: 5755171204
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Principal BioEngineer, Digital Surgery Joint Applications to be located in Leeds, UK.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Principal BioEngineer, Digital Surgery Joint Applications position:
- This represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is excited by building transformational surgical capabilities within orthopedics, working in a Cross- functional environment of leadership across the franchise and the sector globally.
- This position holds accountability for our critical digital orthopedic technology programs, and will work closely with our internal R&D Digital Platforms COE team and with external development partners as well.
- This role represents the opportunity to shape the R&D function and to help build critical new capabilities in Global Orthopedics.
- Ultimately this technical leader will be responsible for working closely with the Program Manager of Digital Orthopedic Surgery, Director of Digital Orthopedic Surgery, leaders within the Joints Franchise to support the successful launch of the orthopedic surgical solution. Specifically, they will support the design and development aspects of technically complex and unique global programs and projects, leading cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process, and will organize, plan, execute and oversee programs and projects through product launch, commercialization.
- The candidate will act as a team leader and mentor leading cross-franchise and cross-functional teams as the subject matter expert. This position will report to the Director of R&D for Digital Orthopedics Surgery.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred
- Previous experience in highly regulated industry is required
- Orthopedic experience is desirable.
- Track record in R&D delivering solutions with complex system components and architecture preferred.
- Meaningful experience with all working elements in a cross functional landscape, following a product through the entire design cycle is required.
- Able to bridge across organizational groups, communicating product requirements from Depuy Joints to the Digital Orthopedic Surgery group.
- R&D experience with other medical device technologies and product lines outside of orthopedics is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in, or willingness to participate in a start- up type culture working in a fast pace, small nimble team environment is desired.
- Breadth and depth of technical expertise around a multitude of enabling surgical technologies outside of Mechanical Engineering is highly desirable (e.g. Electronics, Computer Sciences, Software Development, Navigation, Data analytics, Sensors, Optics, Acoustics, Energy, etc)
- Breadth and depth of clinical expertise in knee replacement, hip replacement and other joint replacement therapies.
- This position is located in Leeds, UK, and will require up to 25% of travel domestic and internationally.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)