Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Real-World Value and Evidence (formerly HEOR), Immunology
Requisition ID: 5752181025
Janssen Scientific Affairs, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Real World Value and Evidence, Immunology (formerly Health Economics and Outcomes Research) located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
In the current environment of U.S. healthcare with a prominent focus placed on efficiency and affordability, ensuring patient access to innovative treatments is of utmost importance, but increasingly challenging. In this challenging environment, the Real World Value & Evidence (RWV&E) organization must ensure we obtain robust payer insights, deliver unrivaled value evidence, be payer-centric, execute timely real world data analytics, and develop flawless and impactful communication of the value of Janssen’s innovations for payers and society.
In this position, the Director, Real-World Value and Evidence, Immunology will be responsible for leading market access scientific strategy, evidence generation, and dissemination plans for assigned therapeutic areas, products or indications, within Janssen Immunology. Other key responsibilities are as follows:
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners on scientific strategies to support market access for our products
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to prioritize and generate rigorous scientific data, and develop dissemination plans to support the therapeutic area’s Integrated Evidence Generation Plan (IEGP)
- Directly manage research studies and other related projects, as aligned with the IEGP and other business needs
- Serve as subject matter, and functional area expert in responding to U.S-focused Health Technology/Value Assessments of our products by external organizations
- Ensure quality of design, execution, and publication of real-world evidence studies, and quality of models & tools developed for business partners
- Develop annual business plan budget, present to appropriate levels of management for approval, and manage budgeted funds appropriately
- Serve as a leader on assigned cross-functional teams, with internal partners such as Real World Value and Evidence colleagues, Real World Analytics and Alliances, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Strategic Customer Group, Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO), Commercial Excellence, Epidemiology, Government Affairs and Policy, and other J&J Operating Companies, as needed
- Lead strategic planning and execution for all RWV&E activities to support market access scientific strategies and payer value propositions in assigned areas of responsibility. Ensures compliance with regulatory, legal and commercial regulations (for example Contract Pricing Committee, Copy Approval Committee) in conducting research and dissemination of scientific information
- Directly manage research studies and other related projects, as aligned with the IEGP
- Ensure quality in internal / external communications including: publications, training support of RWVE studies, and models and/or tools developed for the therapeutic area.
- Develop relevant RWVE budget, present to appropriate levels of management for approval, and manage budgeted funds
- Serve as a leader on assigned cross-functional franchise teams, with internal partners such as RWVE colleagues, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Strategic Customer Group, GCSO, Epidemiology, Government Affairs and Policy, other J&J Operating Companies as needed.
- Serve as scientific strategy expert on development of value-based contracts, as needed
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Services Research, Economics, Epidemiology, Health Policy, or a related discipline is required; a doctorate or other advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in Immunology experience is desirable.
- Expertise in healthcare industry, clinical knowledge or practice across multiple therapeutic areas, medical reimbursement, technical expertise in economic evaluations or patient reported outcomes, including data analysis and statistics is required.
- Excellent in leadership skills, collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation) is required.
- Independent high- level planning and execution of research strategies is required.
- Experience in developing and gaining management approval for value-based scientific strategies and tactics to meet both commercial and scientific objectives for a given product or therapeutic area is preferred.
- Solid experience in conducting Real World Evidence studies applying health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective data analyses, epidemiology or health services research is required.
- Firm understanding of drug development process including health economic inputs needed to support the value proposition is required.
- Firm understanding of regulatory standards for approval and communication of data is required.
- Firm understanding of United States health care systems and customers; specifically understanding unique business models and perspectives is required.
- Firm understanding of the uses of evidence-based medicine and comparative effectiveness analyses for health policy decision-making is required.
- Up to 30% travel required mostly national with occasional international travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Health Economics R&D