Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Principal Systems Engineer, Visualization
Requisition ID: 5741190129
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is recruiting for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer, Visualization to be based in Raynham, MA.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
At Johnson and Johnson, we believe that digital technologies will serve major role within our Medical Devices business moving forward. In order appropriately develop and invest in new products and services in the space of digital healthcare technologies, Johnson and Johnson Medical Devices has created the Digital Platforms Center of Excellence. This newly created unit will be tasked with developing and commercializing, in partnership with various platforms and businesses within the Medical Devices sector, digitally enabled technologies such as robotics, remote monitoring rehabilitation services, and advanced surgical visualization products.
The Senior Principal Systems Engineer, Visualization will serve as a key technical resource for the Visualization organization in its mission of developing technologies and systems to acquire, process, synthesize, and evaluate imaging data in surgical applications. This person define the required imaging infrastructural components to enable the next generation of digital surgery including system hardware, optics, lighting, and firmware. Together with the Visualization Analysis team this person will design an architecture to embody the system and will be a critical technical leader in developing system components.
- Be responsible for technology road mapping, architectural design, and front-end development of visualization systems (principally but not limited to arthroscopic / endoscopic) that integrate next-generation optical and imaging technologies to serve applications across J&J Medical Devices.
- Evaluate in-house and third party technical solutions against defined user needs and technical requirements.
- Develop intellectual property in imaging and analysis.
- Serve as a Technical Leader in the identification of engineering talent in visualization system development.
- Provide progress updates to key R&D and other business stakeholders on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Represent Johnson & Johnson in the external engineering community, setting a standard of technical excellence and insight in imaging commensurate with the established acumen and standards of J&J engineering leaders in the community.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline is required.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in R&D / Product Development Engineering required.
- Experience with development of medical imaging systems is required.
- Experience in Optics related development is strongly preferred.
- Specific experience as the lead technical resource on the development of a complex integrated medical device within an FDA-regulated industry environment is required.
- Experience developing Laparoscopic/Endoscopic systems is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in partnering and influencing across a matrix environment is required.
- A bias for action and a track record of successful execution on development programs is required.
- The ability to leverage relations with key constituents to deliver tangible results and clinical insights is required.
- Demonstrated effective change leadership skills are required.
- Experience working in start-up environment or organizations with an Agile culture is strongly preferred.
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player required.
- The ability to actively develop talent and culture to achieve results is required.
- Strong influencing skills are required.
- This position will be based in Raynham, MA and may require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)