Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D Senior Director - Visualization
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 5740190129
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, a member of Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for an R&D Senior Director - Visualization to be located in Ryanham, MA.
Johnson and Johnson Medical Device is the world’s largest medical technology business. The people and teams within our Medical Devices companies deliver new innovations and technologies that healthcare professionals and customers need every day.
We serve healthcare professionals in fields like orthopedics, neurology, cardiology, minimally invasive surgery, wound management and women’s health. We also serve consumers with vision care products like contact lenses and people living with diabetes with innovative blood glucose monitors and insulin pumps.is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world.
At Johnson and Johnson, we believe that digital technologies will serve major role within our Medical Devices business moving forward. In order appropriately develop and invest in new products and services in the space of digital healthcare technologies, Johnson and Johnson Medical Devices has created the Digital Platforms Center of Excellence. This newly created unit will be tasked with developing and commercializing, in partnership with various platforms and businesses within the Medical Devices sector, digitally enabled technologies such as robotics, remote monitoring rehabilitation services, and advanced surgical visualization products.
As a core member of the Digital Engineering Team, the Senior Director, Visualization serves as the accountable leader and directly responsible individual for one of the functional units within the Digital Platform. In partnership with various individuals including platform and R&D leadership and other key stakeholders across Medical Devices, this role is responsible for defining the overall Medical Device technology and product strategy for visualization technologies including hardware, optical design, and image analysis. This individual will lead the development of products and technologies in this newly created space and will be accountable for executing against key milestones and commitments as agreed to across various business units within MD.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing the overall technology architecture strategy, including hardware, firmware, and software for intraoperative and peri-operative image acquisition, synthesis, and analysis to serve applications across Medical Devices.
- Specifically, this individual is accountable for creating the MD wide approach for key technology components which can be leveraged across multiple business units within MD, including: i) Arthroscopic / Endoscopic systems to acquire imaging content across a variety of illumination regimes and technologies ii) Sensors coupled with the above to generate and synthesize dense content imagery that can be leverage for manual / robotic surgery applications iii) Software Solutions – image synthesis, processing, and analysis capabilities to identify critical targets or extract clinically relevant information for the surgical team
- Builds an organization with the right talent and capabilities to execute on the Digital Engineering vision
- In conjunction with Regulatory Affairs, helps to define the regulatory strategy for new product offerings
- Provides progress updates to key R&D and other business stakeholders on a regular and as-needed basis
- Partners with New Business Development team to assess external opportunities/options for consideration
- Partners with Platform R&D and Global Strategic Marketing stakeholders to develop product and technical specifications for visualization and imaging technologies that meet market and customer needs
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required with an advanced degree in an Engineering discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in Research & Development leadership is required with specific experience in the design and development of products and technologies for imaging.
- Previous FDA regulated industry experience is required.
- Medical device industry experience in product development at a management level is required.
- Previous technical experience with advanced technologies in the fields of Optics, Machine Vision, or Image Processing is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in partnering and influencing across a matrix environment is required.
- Strong technical expertise in healthcare technologies and business acumen within strategic planning is required
- Demonstrated track record of flawless execution of product development leading to successful commercial product release is required.
- The ability to leverage relations with key constituents to deliver tangible results and clinical insights is required.
- Demonstrated effective change leadership and change management skills are required.
- Experience working in start-up environment or organizations with an Agile culture is preferred.
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player.
- The ability to actively develop talent and culture to achieve results is required.
- Strong influencing skills are required.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)