Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Packaging Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 5721180914
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Cerenovus, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders and one of the fastest-growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. Learn more about Biosense Webster at www.biosensewebster.com
Biosense Webster, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Package Development Engineer that will be based in Irwindale, CA. Consideration may be given to Irvine, CA based candidates, if they are able to commute to Irwindale about 50% of days.
The Senior Package Development Engineer will design and develop the packaging systems for a wide range of sterile and non-sterile products. The responsibilities will include Package Development of packaging systems for cardiovascular medical devices. The role will support the development of packaging to support new product development teams as well as legacy products.
• Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to effectively plan and execute package development projects
• Partner with New Product Development teams to develop packaging systems that meet customer requirements
• Lead and support changes to existing package designs
• Innovate to create new packaging systems that improve performance, reduce cost, or improve the customer experience
• Hands-on Package laboratory testing to simulate transportation distribution hazards
• Develop and validate package development and transit test methods
• Support package equipment validation actives
• Write technical protocols and reports
• Create package component drawings and specifications
• On-board new packaging materials
• Develop general packaging guidelines and standards for processes and functional requirements.
• The position will have no direct reports, but may direct activities of other team members to achieve specific task assignments. Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or technical field with 4 years of professional experience OR an advanced degree and 3 years of professional experience required
• This position requires up to 25% travel during peak times, both domestic and international
• This position supports Biosense Webster in Irwindale, California. Irwindale is highly preferred as the primary work location, but consideration may be given to Irvine based candidates if they are able to commute to Irwindale about 50% of days.
• Experience in packaging development in Medical Device or a Regulated Industry
• Experience in packaging design and/or validation
• Knowledge of sterile barrier packaging systems and design verification including ASTM or ISTA test methods
• Knowledge of Package Assembly and Manufacturing processes
• ISO 11607 knowledge and experience
• Knowledge and experience with ISO 13485, ISO 15223
• Understanding of sterilization modes used in medical devices
• Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Lean, or Process Excellence
• Demonstrated results in Quality Control, Compliance, and Regulatory
• Project management skills
• Demonstrated results using internal and external customer focus
• Experience with component suppliers and qualifications
• CADD Experience
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)