Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Exploratory Biology
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 5720190129
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Exploratory Biology located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
In this Principal Scientist position, you will lead the Target Assessment group within Exploratory Biology. Your scientific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, (1) scientifically maturing project proposals from various Therapeutic Areas (TA) through developing understanding of target structure and function; (2) supporting development of best antibody and cell therapy approaches by building required biological assays, systems and cell lines; (3) efficient use of extensive expertise spread across Janssen and at contract research organizations.
The highly qualified candidate is expected to have established record of leadership in an academic, biotech, or pharmaceutical setting; extensive laboratory-based expertise; ability to build a highly-efficient team capable of handling tight timelines and delivery of quality data.
This position offers you an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. The ideal candidate for this role would thrive while:
- Working under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy
- Being an independent thinker and effective communicator
- Directing teams and setting project objectives for individual team members
- Supervising and managing Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists internally and at CROs
- Driving the analysis of highly complex issues and identification of significant improvements, changes or adaptations of existing methods and techniques
- Developing research solutions that require extensive synthesized analysis, detailed investigation, and uncovering new approaches
- Influencing or persuading others to accept new ideas that challenge the status-quo
- Frequently interacting with senior internal and external colleagues often requiring coordination across multiple functions and groups
- Collaborating with external partners and networks
- Ph.D. degree in Cell Biology, Immunology or a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience as a senior level scientist and at least 2 years of experience in an industry setting
- Experience in supervising, managing and directing the work of non-Ph.D. or Ph.D. scientists
- Cutting edge hands-on laboratory experience with molecular and functional target characterization in the fields of immunology, oncology, or immuno-oncology
- Experience in the set-up, acquisition and analysis of multi-color flow cytometry
- Experience in design, execution and analysis of in vitro pharmacology studies to assess receptor/ligand interactions, or complex in vitro functional assays to assess efficacy of antibody or cell-based therapeutics
- Experience in analyzing protein glycosylation and/or proteoglycan-receptor interactions is preferred
- Experience in leadership of multiple projects, incorporating developments in relevant scientific fields to generate new research ideas and initiatives to drive the development of a therapeutic
- Established scientific reputation through accomplishments directed toward the discovery and development of therapeutic agents in industry, including published work in peer-reviewed journals, participating in patent preparation, oral presentations or experience in IND filings
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)