Johnson & Johnson Careers
San Angelo, Texas
Materials Management & Distribution
Requisition ID: 5691180703
Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Inventory Specialist to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
Ethicon, Inc. is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Restoration of Body and of Life.
Summary: Creates and/or maintains tracking of issues using reports, charts, etc. Reviews and audits departmental procedures (RID Log/Completed forms, PO receipt documentation, etc.). Reviews, monitors, creates orders for department work order supplies and tracks/monitors department budget.
The Inventory Specialist responsibilities include:
• Creates work orders for manufacturing, validations, programs, testing, salvage process, etc.
• Notifies the Capacity Planner of material shortages.
• Monitor work orders (WO) and purchase orders (PO)longer than a certain period of time that are aging in departments 104 & 106 using system reports, physical searches, etc.
• Communicate any major issues to the next shifts incoming Inventory Specialist.
• Performs regular cycle counts per approved procedures in conjunction with Warehouse/Vault Associates.
• Investigates inventory discrepancies.
• Perform JDE PO Receipts.
• Communicates with Purchasing and/or Raw Material Supply Planners PO discrepancies/missing paperwork (COC, packing list, closed PO, etc.).
• Reviews and completes NCR/Salvage Process tasks on a daily basis.
• Reviews Quarantine Hold Cages to resolve discrepancies.
• Creates daily orders in JDE for shipments to Affiliates and Ethicon NA sites.
• Provide support to internal departments to resolve work order issues.
• Communicates to Warehouse/Vault Facilitator and Associates changes in capacity of batches to be kitted, receiving priorities or outgoing raw material shipments, on a day-to-day basis.
• Assist Warehouse/Vault/Shipping Associate Facilitator with Department (106) Production Meetings.
• Backup for Warehouse/Vault Associate Facilitator, as needed to coordinate work shift task, priorities and overtime.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor and/or designee.
• Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
• Ensure safe working conditions and practice in the department.
• Attend/complete assigned Trainings as instructed by supervisor or designee or through Compliance Wire.
• Comply with all applicable quality management system, environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (for example, ISO 13485, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001).
• Assists Facilitator with nonconformance, observation and CAPA tasks when needed.
• Supports Facilitator with spec reviews and updates when needed.
• Sends out reports, as required, associated with expired inventory, cycle counts and adherence to associated specifications.
• A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
• An advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of four (4) years of combined education and/or related work experience is required.
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus, warehousing experience required.
• Experience performing inventory discrepancy investigations preferred.
• APICS certification preferred
• NCR/CAPA’s experience preferred.
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Excel required. JD Edwards experience preferred.
• Knowledge of ERP system preferred.
• Cycle counts experience preferred.
• Must be able to work both 2nd and 3rd shift (between 3:00pm – 7:00am) which may include some overtime, holidays, and weekends.
United States-Texas-San Angelo
Ethicon US, LLC (6040)
Materials Management & Distribution