Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Director, Business Development (Licensing, Mergers and Acquisitions) – Medical Devices, Digital Surgery. The location for this position is Redwood City, CA. Up to 25% travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
- Recommend and execute strategies to identify, assess, and pursue Digital Surgery / Robotic Surgery business opportunities.
- Lay the groundwork and entry strategies for Digital Surgery areas of interest.
- Scan and scout for potential new business opportunities based on insight of unmet customer and market needs.
- Develop business cases for opportunities, including conducting research and analysis to vet and validate ideas and opportunities.
- Deliver oral presentations to J&J management to communicate new business opportunities.
- Participate in the negotiation, structuring, and closing of deals.
- Recommend and execute the right strategies to pursue Digital Surgery business opportunities.
- Develop strategy recommendations that are clear and aligned with Group strategy.
- Provide recommendations regarding potential technological and growth gaps for the business.
- Collaborate with business leaders and other functions to assess new business opportunities.
- Lead teams and ensure teams are following the appropriate guidelines (for example, WW420C/MD&D).
- Scan and scout for potential new business opportunities based on insight of unmet customer and market needs (for example licensing, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, distribution/development/supply agreements, IP, co-promoting, divestures, and auctions).
- Gather and communicate intelligence by reading published literature and patents and press releases, attending conferences and trade shows, networking, and seeking other sources of intelligence.
- Develop and utilize screening criteria, models, and tools to assess new business opportunities.
- Identify and articulate critical assumptions, risks, and opportunities.
- Develop business cases for new business opportunities.
- Oversee marketplace analysis and assessment using financial and forecasting models.
- Utilize research to analyze, vet and validate ideas
- Establish and maintain relationships with external targets aligned to business opportunities
- Coordinate and participate in the due diligence process.
- Partner with internal business partners including R&D, Marketing and Finance.
- Deliver oral and written presentations to J&J management to communicate new business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external target stakeholders.
- Participate in the due diligence, negotiation, structuring, and closing of transactions.
- Direct integration team to support integration of new businesses and assets into J&J.
- Prepare and deliver regular reports and summaries for leadership that provides status of internal business development projects and competitive M&A activity.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of business experience or MBA/other advanced degree with at least 5 years relevant business experience is required.
- Licensing, mergers/acquisitions, consulting or banking experience is preferred.
- Experience in developing business cases for opportunities is required.
- Strong business, negotiation, organizational, project management, analytical, decision-making, and influence management skills are required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence a broad variety of business leaders, both internally and externally and of varying levels from functional personnel to senior leaders of companies is required.
- Experience in a customer/external facing role is strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage several projects simultaneously are required.
- Strong analytical and operational skills are preferred.
- Experience working on robotic surgery and digital healthcare initiatives is preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- This role may require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)