Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Executive Administrative Assistant - J&J Innovation Centers
Requisition ID: 5690171130
The Johnson & Johnson Innovation Centers, part of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an Executive Administrative Assistant to be located in New Brunswick, NJ or South San Francisco, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Innovation (JJI) has opened Innovation Centers (ICs) in California (Menlo Park), Cambridge/Boston, London, and Shanghai (www.jnjinnovation.com). The ICs constitute a platform from which Johnson & Johnson identifies, catalyzes, contributes to, and accesses the most promising medical innovations at the leading life sciences companies and universities across the globe. Johnson & Johnson’s goal is to build a pipeline of innovative products that will benefit patients and will augment long-term corporate growth. Operating within major hubs of innovation allows Johnson & Johnson the opportunity to access technologies earlier and to help translate them into products for patients by contributing financial, intellectual, and human capital. The leading diversified healthcare company in the world, Johnson & Johnson seeks external innovation across a broad range of sectors including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, consumer healthcare, and digital health
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to multiple senior leaders. They will support a senior management team, many with a high sense of urgency linked to critical business issues. They will coordinate and track budget and expenses and manage department purchases. They will interact with senior management on a day-to-day basis, handling very confidential documents and materials, and as such, must maintain strict confidentiality.
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Collaborate frequently with senior management and their assistants to solve complex problems regarding project, department or division-related work.
- Arrange domestic and international travel, complete travel expense reports, and manage logistics of travel-related activities.
- Manage staff calendars, updating schedules on daily basis.
- Schedule meetings through Outlook, secure call-in numbers, prepare meeting agendas and manage attendance registration and logistics.
- Exercise independent discretion and sound judgment to independently assess and resolve complex situations/problems, and respond to frequently shifting priorities across multiple departments.
- Manage agreements and contracts with outside consultants and contracts; establish PO’s and work agreements per J&J Company Policies.
- Arrange outside employee and vendor/visitor company visits.
- Assemble and manage meeting presentations through WebEx and/or Global Connect.
- Draft memorandums, correspondence, and/or presentations.
- Coordinate and track budget and expenses and manage department purchases through J&J Systems.
- Provide administrative support for day-to-day operations as well as individual projects.
- A minimum of a high school diploma is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of advanced administrative/executive experience supporting senior level management is required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to be extremely flexible while managing conflicting, shifting, and competing priorities with minimal supervision is required.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate issues that may arise while taking initiative and acting with a high level of sense of urgency is required.
- Ability to partner and work cooperatively with all levels from Executive Leadership and Senior Management is required
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion to independently assess and resolve complex situations/problems is preferred.
- Customer and employee focused mindset is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Advanced computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, executive presentations, and database applications are required.
- Familiarity and comfort using internal systems for travel, purchase orders, service request management and internal portals is required.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills are required.
- This position can be based in either New Brunswick, NJ or South San Francisco, CA.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States-California-South San Francisco
Ethicon Inc. (6045)