Johnson & Johnson Careers
Payroll Services Manager
Requisition ID: 5684190128
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Manager, Payroll Services, within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. The position will be based in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a senior-level contributor and subject matter expert, the Manager, Payroll Services will perform tasks related to analysis, execution, and support of payroll processing while maintaining the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. This position is responsible for management, execution, and resources associated with the Payroll Services function within the Global Finance Services (GFS) serving 40K+ US (including Puerto Rico) employees. This role oversees a team responsible for working with the various operating companies to be aware of potential payroll-impacting business changes, assist with specific payroll activities within the operating companies, help resolve issues, and relay/clarify communications.
- Manage day-to-day activities for the Payroll Services team within the Global Service center.
- Oversees case management of the Payroll Services team members. Assist with interpretation and completion of activities related to pay policies, calculations, processes to support accuracy and compliance of payroll for operating companies, such as:
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Employee changes (hires, terms, etc.)
- Short/Long-term disability (STD/LTD)
- Special/One-time payments
- Final pay
- Pay claims
- Manual/remote checks
- Perform verification activities for operating company payroll such as gross-to-gross (G2G) reconciliations and payroll audits/validations. Assist in researching and resolving pay discrepancies for each operating company.
- Responsible for the development of internal and external communications for payroll related matters. Assure that customers, partners, and stakeholders are kept up-to-date with appropriate, timely, and relevant communication of trends, issues, and services.
- Develop, coach, and mentor staff to build a high-performance team. Set goals and facilitate growth and development to meet individualized employee career goals, motivational needs, and organizational opportunities.
- Assures operations and deliverables meet or exceed organizational objectives, follow GFS strategies, and integrate as appropriate with other Payroll teams and service center functions.
- Evaluates existing business processes and facilitates process improvements and efficiencies.
- Manage goals and objectives, day-to-day case activities and deliverables for the Payroll Services team within the service center.
- Provide prioritization of work assignments and serve as an escalation point for issues.
- Assure proper alignment of resources to operational activities based the business needs and the skill/knowledge of each analyst.
- Define and implement consistent processes across the team to help facilitate open communication channels with the other payroll areas in helping all stay aware of and plan for potential payroll-impacting changes.
- Manage the coordination of activities related to testing, upgrades, implementations, mergers and acquisitions.
- Organize and facilitate ongoing development, evaluation and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Desktop Procedures and Job Aids) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes.
- Create and utilize metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required
- A Master’s degree is preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or other designation preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in Payroll is required
- Prior Payroll Manager experience preferred
- Prior people management experience is required
- Experience developing and improving payroll processes to maximize efficiency & deliver quality services is preferred
- M&A experience is preferred
- Experience in a shared service center environment preferred
- Experience working with Union employees is preferred
- Multistate payroll experience is required
- Working knowledge of Payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements are required
- Ability to process complex information and quickly identify innovative solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements required
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrate high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance related matters required
- Experience with an ERP system such as Payroll, HR, OM modules of SAP preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office is required
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)