Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Battery Engineer
Requisition ID: 5682180703
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Battery Engineer, SDT to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (JJVC) specializes in disposable contact lenses, which are marketed under the ACUVUE® Brand name. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Sr. Battery Engineer supports the research, development, and testing of cells/batteries using electrochemical techniques and using theoretical and empirical methods to develop, and maintain, models for existing and future battery chemistries. This position works with internal and external groups to demonstrate battery development and to integrate batteries into products. Sr. battery engineer should have expertise on battery modeling tools and knowledge on electrochemical mechanisms.
- Experience in modeling of battery phenomenon including impedance increases, cycle life prediction, calendar life aging.
- Validate the models with real cell data and extend the cell models into battery design architecture for state estimation, safety and performance characteristics.
- Experience in modeling tools such as COMSOL, Battery Design Studio, MATLAB/SIMULINK, and other modeling tools.
- Experience in primary battery development including components such as electrodes, electrolytes, separators, additives etc.
- Knowledge of electrochemistry as it relates to batteries in a Research and Development and product environment.
- Experience in battery characterization to meet application performance requirements and regulatory compliance.
- Research on cell capacity, impedance, energy, and degradation estimation for battery components.
- Perform battery tear downs and prepare reports.
- Organize and carry out physical characterization and battery failure analysis work to support battery development.
- Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
- A minimum of a Bachelors in Material Science, Electrochemistry, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience OR a Ph.D. and one (1) year of relevant experience is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of engineering experience including cell and battery modeling is required.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with other engineers and scientists is required.
- Strong Knowledge of standard battery testing tools including Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, Cyclic voltammetry and general electrical test equipment usage is required.
- Knowledge of battery test equipment including multimeter, Battery testing equipment (Arbin, Bitrode, Maccor and other vendors) and other relevant testing tools is required.
- Knowledge of Material characterization tools such as XRD, SEM, Thermal analysis, Spectroscopic techniques and other relevant tools is required.
- Computer skills including Battery modeling Software (COMSOL, Battery Design Studio, MATLAB/SIMULINK), JMP, Minitab is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with battery manufacturing in Pilot level and large volume manufacturing is preferred.
- This position is located in Jacksonville, FL and will require up to 20% travel both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)
R&D Engineering (R&D)