Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sterilization Technician (overnights)
San Angelo, Texas
Requisition ID: 5673180312
Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sterilization Technician to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
Ethicon, Inc. is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Restoration of Body and of Life.
Under minimum supervision, established procedures and practices and clear-cut policies, exercises initiative and ingenuity to deal with varying circumstances, changing conditions, and proceeds when general instructions and established methods indicate action to be taken, referring unusual problems to supervisor.
The Sterilization Technician’s responsibilities include:
• Works under minimum supervision.
• Supports the training process as subject matter expert and team member, as applicable.
• Displays team empowerment and motivate other team members in the ability and willingness to develop and initiate change.
• Demonstrates leadership to wage associates.
• Recognizes and recommends improvement initiatives or corrections to process, quality and/or safety issues.
• Demonstrates good communication skills with clear and concise oral and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate work requirements, passions and ideas.
• Educated in all documents pertaining to the sterilization process as per assigned training in ComplianceWire.
• Ensures the specified parameters are being met during the sterilization process.
• Recognize “abnormal” operating conditions involving the sterilization process and implement proper responses including notification of facilitator or process engineers.
• Operates and is knowledgeable of the sterilization equipment and computer systems.
• Comply with company policies, procedures, and the intent of the company credo.
• Comply with established safety procedures and policies, with the intent of maintaining a safe working environment.
• Support ISO 14000 recertification effort.
• Ensure compliance with J&J environmental policies/guidelines, J&J Pollution Prevention Goals and regulatory requirements. Understand and comply with permit/regulatory requirements.
• Comply with QSR’s and ISO 9000 requirements as they apply to the sterilization area.
• Keep area clean and orderly.
• Operate equipment to meet objectives detailed in standard operating procedures and process specifications.
• Coordinate process operations and material movement from other departments and throughout the sterilization area. Places emphasis on meeting customer demands.
• Actively communicates with the Microbiology department and or QA Sterilization in regards to product integrity and product sterility.
• Accountable for review of run records ambient and dry storage requirements of absorbable sutures and devices.
• Maintenance of production work to include recording books, stamping run records and books associated with the material or devices being sterilized. Knowledgeable of JDE, LIMS, and SCADA.
• Supports, understands, and adheres to continuous improvement principles and rules by identifying, evaluating and resolving problems. Focuses on continuous improvement, quality, improved cycle times, safety, cost reductions, and customer satisfaction.
• Complete training programs and certification as required.
• Cross-trains to support other functional areas.
• Support Plant Diversity Process.
• High School education or equivalent.
• Completion of training as per Compliance Wire curriculum.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Good computer skills.
• One to three years of related manufacturing experience (preferably within the last ten years).
• Associate must maintain an acceptable level of attendance and be able to support a continuous run manufacturing operation (24/7). Standard schedule is 12-hour shifts in a four on, four off rotation (630pm – 630am). Schedule will also include some weekends and holidays.
• Ability to obtain a passing score on a WorkKeys assessment.
• Builds and stages product/materials to process through the sterilization area.
• Manually move materials weighing up to 1200 pounds in a safe manner utilizing material handling equipment and other operator assistance as needed.
• Standing/Walking 3-4 hours at one time (up to 9 hours per shift).
• Bending/twisting/stooping 5-10 minutes at one time
• Sitting -1-2 hours per shift
• Pushing/pulling done occasionally
• Handling/fingering/keying/precision work done frequently (up to 3 hours per shift).
• Lifting/carrying 0-20 lbs done frequently (over 3 hours per shift).
• Lifting/carrying 21-50 lbs done occasionally (under 3 hours per shift).
• Reaching over shoulder done occasionally (under 3 hours per shift).
• Perform visual checks near and far.
• Hearing, speaking and reading required at all times.
• May work alone occasionally (less than 3 hours per shift).
• May require shift rotation.
United States-Texas-San Angelo
Ethicon Inc. (6045)