Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader
Requisition ID: 5669180313
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader to join our Operations Support Team. Position will be located at our Global Headquarters in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (JJVC) specializes in disposable contact lenses, which are marketed under the ACUVUE® Brand name. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. And we're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader (METL):
- Provides leadership (including training, coaching and supervision) to a team of operators and technicians operating the manufacturing and support equipment.
- Coordinates teams as necessary for the completion of projects.
- Performs a variety of engineering functions of intermediate scope involving the troubleshooting of equipment and processes or facilities related to the manufacturing and support equipment.
- Works closely with other engineering disciplines in the application of troubleshooting equipment and processes
- Identifies, plans, executes and facilitates improvements to the quality and throughput of the manufacturing lines, and support equipment that will improve efficiency, product yield and safety
- Supervises the adherence to safety, environmental, quality and regulatory policies & procedures including identifying and revising safety, regulatory, equipment and process training documentation
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Engineering or equivalent technical field
- A minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in manufacturing, equipment development, project management, installation and qualification required
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience with a technical workforce or a minimum of 2 years of demonstrated project team leadership is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and organizational skills required
- Equipment usage and abilities needed include PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) knowledge, engineering tools and Microsoft Office
- Must be willing and able to meet the conditions & physical demands of the job including: stooping, crouching, walking, pulling, light lifting (Up to 25 lbs.), grasping, hearing, visual acuity, reaching, pushing, talking, standing, fingering, inside environmental conditions.
- Must be willing and able to regularly work either the night shift (6pm – 6am) and/or on a continuous operations schedule in addition to every other weekend
- Must be willing and able to travel approximately 10%.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)