Johnson & Johnson Careers
Machine Operator I (2nd Shift)
Requisition ID: 5663180702
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking an Machine Operator 1, Machined Products Value Stream for our 2nd shift with the hours of 2:00PM to 10:00PM located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by Orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- This position requires Machining knowledge in order to produce machined parts to specification in an efficient and timely manner. This job requires skills to achieve metrics set forth within a specified work group or team.
- Possess fundamental precision machinery knowledge.
- Meet or exceed machine utilization goals.
- Work at different work stations as production needs require.
- Demonstrated ability to Change tools and offsets, preset own tools, and Pick up and run a machine after setup/prove-out is complete.
- Complete tasks including dimensional and visual inspections per print specifications, paperwork and MRP transactions.
- Demonstrate consistently effective job performance encompassing good quality and productivity and dependability.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to teamwork.
- May train other associates on those tasks that they have acquired proficiency.
- Maintain clean and safe workstation (6S).
- Perform Operator Asset Care (OAC) as required.
- Accurately record and maintain manufacturing documentation.
- Participate in team-based activities.
- Complete necessary production, health, safety, and environmental hazard training courses and other training as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, States, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance as well as ISO and FDA compliance.
- Provide suggestions for improvement in operating time, yields, ergonomics, handling, line organization, etc.
- Participate in LEAN process improvement activities as required.
- A minimum of High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Production, Operations, Manufacturing and/or related discipline is required.
- Experience running and maintaining a Mazak is preferred
- Experience running and maintaining CNC machining is required.
- The ability to operate and troubleshoot various types of machine equipment is required.
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience in Medical Devices and/or Perforator Disposables is required.
- The ability to read and write English is required.
- This position requires daily commute to Raynham, MA for the 2nd shift (2:00PM to 10:00PM) position and may require additional overtime, including Weekends and Holidays.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)