Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director of Rheumatology, Medical Affairs
Requisition ID: 5661180702
Janssen Scientific Affairs, L.L.C, a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director of Rheumatology, Medical Affairs to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion.
Janssen Immunology Medical Affairs is divided into 3 Therapeutic Area teams. This position resides in the Rheumatology TA and this role is responsible for designing and executing registries, Phase IIIb/IV trials and other post-marketing requirements within the areas of Janssen's current or emerging indications. The incumbent will be responsible for working closely with the Sr. Director Rheumatology to develop, coordinate and execute the Rheumatology Therapeutic Area strategic plan for Medical Affairs.
The Rheumatology team includes Medical Affairs Physicians, Research Scientists, and Operations members. The Director, Rheumatology position will work closely with the Commercial team members, Global Medical Affairs, Health Outcomes, and Clinical R&D.
- Provide subject matter expertise and function as US medical representative with internal stakeholders across multiple functional areas including marketing and sales, health economics and outcomes research, MSLs, and medical information supporting Commercial team, including presenting at Advisory Boards
- Support Phase 4 studies working closely with Clinical Scientists, Program Management and GCDO to manage clinical studies and provide program leadership
- Interactions with Health Outcomes, Strategy Customer Group, Global MA, R&D
- Participate in creation and review of publications and other data dissemination, including abstracts, posters and manuscripts
- Partner with Integrated Evidence Teams - as part of the team, help identify data gaps and suggest potential solutions to address
Qualifications for this position include:
- MD or DO degree required
- At least 2 years in an industry related position
- Rheumatology experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required; Rheumatology experience in academia may be considered
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills are required
- Experience working in a matrix organization with cross-functional teams is required
- Evidence of strong scientific writing skills and analytical thinking are required
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence are necessary
- Experience interacting with healthcare professionals and other thought leaders is a must
- Industry experience in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is preferred
- Experience with Health Outcomes or Managed Care interactions is preferred
- Experience in clinical trial design and clinical data interpretation is preferred
- Up to 20% annual travel (domestic and international) is required
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)