Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Exploratory Biology
Requisition ID: 5652180629
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientist is a partly laboratory-based position in the Exploratory Biology group within Biologics Discovery. The core job of this position is to investigate druggable targets on disease-relevant cell types to assess whether they can modulate disease-associated pathways. The successful candidate may participate in the generation of tool antibodies to elucidate these pathways and possible mechanisms to modulate them. He or she will be responsible for developing functional assays to enable a deep understanding of the biology associated with these pathways. In addition to the core job, the candidate may also lead project(s) in the JBIO portfolio once he or she is familiar with the JBIO biologics discovery process. This position demands a good understanding of the biological challenges facing multiple therapeutic areas as well as technical proficiency in the latest methodologies in target validation. To the right candidate, it offers high potential for growth in a drug discovery career.
As a Senior Scientist responsibilities will include:
- Perform experiments to validate new as well as known targets on cell types of interest
- Characterize effects of tool antibodies on disease-associated pathways
- Lead portfolio project(s) if necessary
- Analyze and present data in professional “publication ready” format.
- Author primary publications. Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication
- Master’s Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a related discipline with at least 5 years of experience OR Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a related discipline with 2 years of post-degree experience is required
- Experience in cell based functional assays is required
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Experience in antibody generation is preferred
- Experience working in industry is preferred
- A record of publications is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)