Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, PK Method Development
Requisition ID: 5644180701
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist will be a member of the PK Method Development group, Biologics Development Sciences, Janssen BioTherapeutics located in Spring House, PA. The PK Method Development group develops and co-validates bioanalytical assays to characterize biopharmaceutical products in biological samples from preclinical and clinical studies. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to enable in vivo characterization of CAR-T therapies from discovery to clinical studies.
This position will include:
- Lead the effort to develop quantitative PCR assays to support in vivo characterization of CAR-T therapeutics from discovery to clinical studies;
- Perform hands-on experiments to execute method development and validation strategies of qPCR and other bioanalytical methods (immunoassays and flow cytometry) according to regulatory requirements to support in vivo characterization of CAR-T therapeutics;
- Coach and train junior scientists in qPCR methodology;
- Assist with method outsourcing efforts when necessary
- Participate in drafting and reviewing bioanalytical strategy and risk assessment for CAR-T therapeutics;
- Assemble, interpret and present complex data sets at cross functional team meetings and can lead scientific discussions;
- Work collaboratively in a matrix environment across bioanalytical teams and functional areas
- A minimum of a Ph.D. in molecular virology, immunology or related field is required
- Laboratory-based expertise in qPCR and molecular biology with strong assay trouble shooting ability required
- Experience in diagnostic qPCR assay development is preferred
- Experience working with biological tissue specimens with DNA extraction is required
- Experience in flow cytometry is preferred
- Experience in immunoassays is preferred
- Knowledge in viral pathogenesis and immunity is preferred
- Ability to independently design and execute method development is required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work across teams in a matrix environment
- Ability to work under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy with good documentation/organization skills
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)